4

Exactly four days later as planned Gwaine, Arthur, Merlin and the Knights rode up to the big iron portcullis. "Hello" Gwaine greeted the woman flashing one of his usual charming smiles.

"Welcome Gwaine. You have more people with you this time" she replied. He smiled again and showed his bracelet to her, after which she nodded approvingly and called for the gates to be opened.

Once they'd all dismounted the Knights gathered around him. "What did you show her?" asked Percival. Gwaine pulled back his sleeve and revealed a leather bracelet with a small silver square containing the letters: M.L.

"What does it stand for?" asked Leon.

"Mira" he replied but he didn't tell them what the L stood for, which was Llydaw. "Where is Mira?" he asked the woman.

"In the gardens as usual" she replied.

"We will be taking her back with us" the young Knight explained. The woman nodded and exchanged a few words with him before leaving.

After their horses were secured they made their way to the gardens. Mira was strolling down the path when they saw her, although she didn't see them as she had her back to them. "Mira!" yelled Gwaine walking towards her.

She turned and when she saw him a massive smile spread on her face."Gwaine!" she called, she ran over to him and he picked her up, like he usually did, spinning her around before stopping and holding her close. She buried her head in his shoulder, her arms wrapped around his neck tightly. The Knights were astonished at how lovely she was. Today she was wearing a midnight blue dress with her hair down, she looked quiet like the first time Arthur and Merlin had seen her.

"Oh" said Leon.

"I know..." replied Percival. They all gaped at her as she clung to Gwaine. They thought she was breathtaking.

"Gwaine! Are you alright?!" she demanded touching his cheek.

"Yes, I'm fine. Why?" he asked, his brow furrowing.

"I heard about Camelot! And the army a-and...everything. Osric pledged his allegiance to Morgana! I was so worried, I thought you might be there!" Mira's voice cracked and a tear rolled down her cheek. She hadn't cried in a long time, she'd thought she'd used them all up.

"I'm fine Mira! Don't worry, I'm here! See" Gwaine took the hand that was on his cheek and held it in his own,"I'm taking you away from here Mira, I'm going to protect you properly. I'm bringing you to Camelot, we'll be safe there". She laughed out of pure amazement and happiness. Then she looked at what he was wearing, his chainmail and red cloak, his sword strapped to his side.

"Gwaine..." she gasped.

"I'm a Knight" he laughed.

"Gwaine...I...I'm so proud of you".

"And shocked" he teased. She threw her arms around him again, so happy to see him.

"I thought I was going to lose you" she whispered.

"You'll never lose me Mira, I'll always be here" he soothed,"Come on, meet the others".

They broke apart and her head shot to the side, six other men including Merlin and Prince Arthur were standing watching them, she'd totally forgotten about them. "Oh" she blushed bright red and wiped the tears off her cheek. He took her hand and led her over to them. All of the Knights eyes widened at how fine she was as she approached.

"Can I introduce the Lady Mira? Mira you know Arthur and Merlin already" Gwaine smiled. She curtsied to Arthur and smiled. "And this is Lancelot" he pointed to the dashing Knight who took her hand and kissed it gently,"Leon, Percival and Elyan". They each did the same and she curtsied to them in turn.

"Its a pleasure, Lady Mira" greeted Leon.

"We will be escorting you back to Camelot" said Percival.

"Thank you, that is most kind" she replied shyly, looking up at the tall man in front of her,"If you will excuse me, I will go collect my things". She curtsied again and left the seven of them in the gardens to go get her things.

"Eh... You two met her before?" Elyan asked Arthur and Merlin.

"Briefly, we were out on a hunting trip when we met Gwaine and got lost, we were tired so he took us here to rest" Arthur lied quickly. No one was supposed to know that he'd been helped in his quest. The four nodded.

"Lets go get her horse ready" said Gwaine, turning and walking towards the stables. While they were walking the others gave each other looks of amazement.

They hadn't been expecting someone like Mira.

———————————————————————————

"Are you ready?" asked Gwaine watching Mira walk out of the door. She nodded. She was nervous, she hadn't been out in around three years.

She loaded her bag onto Raven who whined softly, then she walked over to one of the people who was seeing her off. "I can't thank you enough for everything you have done for me" she said truthfully.

"Be careful and look after yourself Mira" the woman smiled before hugging her.

"Thank you" Mira said again and then went over to Raven. Gwaine helped her up and she settled in the saddle, the gates were opened and she departed the old convent with Arthur and his servant Merlin in front, Gwaine and Lancelot beside her, and Leon, Percival and Elyan behind. They formed a protective circle around her but she still felt vulnerable knowing that Osric could be anywhere.