7

The eight of them halted their horses in a courtyard. Mira looked around, the grey walls of the castle surrounded them, gargoyles stared down from the roof. Mira thought it was wonderful, soldiers wandered around and soon enough they were coming over to take the horses.

"Can I be of assistance, my Lady?" asked a voice from beside her.

She looked down and saw Prince Arthur with his hand outstretched towards her. "Oh, thank you" she replied shyly. Mira put her hands on his shoulders and he took her waist and helped her down, her breath caught for a moment being so close to him. "Thank you" she said again when she was on her feet properly. Arthur gave her a small smile before letting her go and walking back to Merlin. He was surprised that he'd gone to help her, he'd just walked to her without even realising.

"Mira, this way" Gwaine said, going over to her. She had taken her bags off of her saddle already, which he'd taken off her, so she followed him to a woman who was talking to Lancelot. She had dark skin and dark curly hair that was in a bun, when she turned to them, Mira noticed that her eyes were brown and her smile was warm.

"Hello Gwaine" she greeted.

"Gwen, this is Mira" he introduced the two women.

"I'm Guinevere, but most people call me Gwen" she smiled, extending her hand.

"Nice to meet you" Mira took her hand gladly.

"Let me show you to your room, I'm sure you must be exhausted" Gwen observed kindly. Mira nodded gratefully and they walked up some steps that led into the castle. It was brightly lit inside by torches on the walls, the three went up a flight of stairs with a statue at the top and walked through several corridors.

Eventually they got to a door, it was polished and made out of dark wood, the handle was shiny as well. Gwen opened it and led them into a large room which was already lit with candles.

Mira gasped.

There was a large window with heavy, velvet cream curtains that fell from the top of them to the floor; a fourposter, double bed with cream covers that were embroidered with gold patterns, curtains hung from the top of each of the bedposts to the floor like the ones by the window, four soft looking pillows were on the bed as well as some extra gold and red ones. There was a large oak table with designs on the surface accompanied by four chairs near the door, a large wardrobe was near the table, a cabinet and a bedside-table were also in the room. A desk with parchment, a quill and ink on it; there was a dressing table with a beautiful mirror on it with a brush, bottles and new jewelery. A screen with decorative designs on it was in a corner. A massive fireplace was near the bed and two cumfy armchairs were placed in front of it, but leaving space for the fire to be seen from the bed. A set of folding doors separated two halves of the room, the side with the bed, the fireplace, the wardrobe and the dressing table from the side with the table and other cabinets.

"Do you like it?" asked Gwaine.

"Do I like it?" Mira replied in disbelief,"I love it!". She ran over and threw her arms around him. "Thank you" she whispered.

"You're welcome" Gwaine laughed,"Gwen helped a lot, she arranged it".

Mira let go of him and turned to Gwen who was smiling. "Thank you so much! You have no idea what this means to me" Mira said truthfully. She didn't remember the last time she'd had something so beautiful that was just for her!

"You're welcome" she laughed kindly,"I'm glad you like it!".

Mira smiled at her. "Mira, Gwen is going to be your maid here" then Gwaine added charmingly,"She's one of the finest".

Gwen blushed. "I'll be happy to help".

"Thank you!" Mira was astounded, she'd never had a maid before, they'd had servants but never a personal maid.

"I'll leave you here, but I'll check on you later. I promised I'd tell the others what you thought of your chambers" Gwaine explained before leaving the two women.

Guinevere went down to the kitchens to prepare some hot water for a bath. When she was back she filled a small bathtub and helped Mira change out of her dress. Mira wrapped a small towel around herself before going out from behind the screen, she dipped her toe in the water before dropping the towel and getting in the tub that was placed in front of the fire that Gwen had lit. The warm water slid around her body, healing the aches and pains in her arms and legs from the long journey. "You must be exhausted from your trip" Gwen stated handing Mira a glass of water.

"Yes" she yawned in reply.

"I brought you something to eat" Gwen said kindly.

"Oh, that's very kind of you, thanks".

Gwen smiled. "How long have you known Gwaine?".

"Since I was a child, many years. He's a brother to me".

Gwen sat down on one of the red armchairs. "He definitely acts like it" she replied,"All this, he's having new dresses made for you as well".

"Really?" exclaimed Mira. "I'm making them, he thought yours might be old".

"Yes, I suppose they are" she laughed,"You're making them?".

"I'm a seamstress" Gwen smiled,"We have something in common actually, Elyan is my brother".

"I didn't realise. He's very nice" commented Mira.

"Between you and I, he can be a bit of a trouble-maker" she whispered and they both laughed.

Gwen handed Mira the towel and she went behind the screen to dry while Gwen got a nightdress out of Mira's bag. She helped her slip into it and then helped Mira by brushing her hair as it was wet because she'd washed it. After sitting by the fire with Gwen for a while to let her hair dry and eating, she plaited it while Gwen turned down the bed. She closed the curtains and Mira got into bed. It was so comfortable!

"Good night my Lady" Gwen said softly, blowing out the candles.

"Goodnight Gwen" Mira murmured sleepily,"And thank you".

Then she fell asleep.