25

Mira heard a knock on her door and called for them to come in as Gwen wasn't there. She put down her hair brush, she'd just been undoing a plait. It was dark now, Gaius had given her a sleeping draught and she'd slept for a few hours. The door opened and Gwaine, Prince Arthur and Merlin walked in. She curtsied and gestured to them to sit at the table with her.

"Mira, after you told us that you thought you'd seen Osric I went to the Lower Town. I'm afraid I met Osric there" Arthur said gently.

"I feared as much" she whispered, hardly surprised,"You shouldn't have gone Sire".

"I had to find out whether it was true. For your own safety" he added smiling.

"He is dangerous my Lord, you shouldn't have risked your life for my sake" Mira replied. He just smiled in the way that made her heart speed up.

"What happened when you were with him?" asked Gwaine.

"Well, he knows that you're here Mira and he's looking for you. I warned him off as best I could but seeing as he threatened me, which most people don't do, shows a few things. You're right, he is dangerous and I don't think he'll listen to my threats, he's arrogant, but he's very stupid if he thinks we'll let him touch you. If you want I can have some of the Knights patrol the corridor to keep a look out" Arthur explained.

She took a shaky breath. "Thank you Sire, they don't have to patrol the corridor but maybe they could keep an eye on it. I can't hide from him forever" Mira answered.

"But Mira, if we get him to leave you might not even see him" Gwaine stated.

"And what will happen then? He'll just come back again. I have to face him".

"You don't have to".

"I do. Let him come, I'll be waiting for him" she persisted sounding more confident than she felt.

"I believe he means to approach my Father about something, I'll do my best to stop it" said Arthur.

"I'll keep an eye on your chambers as well" added Merlin.

"Thank you" she smiled nervously.

Mira didn't sleep at all that night.

——————————————————————————                         
Mira stood at the window watching the rain slide down the glass. Dark clouds covered the sky. Her green dress reflected off the glass, Merlin had visited earlier and stayed for a while to make sure she was alright.

"Will there be anything else, my Lady?" asked Gwen from behind her.

"No thank you Gwen" she replied.

That's when they heard the knock on the door. Gwen went to answer it.

"No!"Mira whispered,"Hide in that room, but leave the door ajar". She'd heard that knock to many times before.

Gwen nodded silently and hid in the small room, unseen.

"Enter" Mira called. She hadn't expected the shock she would get to see his face again."Hello Osric".

"Mira, it's been a long time" he replied coldly.

"Not long enough" she stated equally as cold.

"Agree to disagree. Have you been missing your old Uncle?".

"I can't say I have, no".

"You break my heart" he mocked.

They were silent.

"What do you want Osric?" she demanded.

He kicked the door and it slammed shut with a bang which made Mira flinch. "You know exactly what I want" Osric snarled.