Chapter Eight: Blood in the Corner

• Suki Nakamura •

   My first day at Itokan was a success. Just like Naomi said, the Sannoh Rengokai members often hung out at the diner, but they didn't cause much trouble, except for the occasional accidental glass spill.

After a long day, I walked home, hoping for a peaceful evening without any surprises like finding Hiroto naked in my bathroom again. But as I climbed the stairs to my unit, I noticed two unfamiliar figures standing by the door. They were tall, skinny guys dressed in suits.

I decided to ignore them, but their eyes followed me as I made my way up the stairs. One of the slimy guys made a creepy comment, licking his lips while checking me out like I was a piece of meat at a market.

Ignoring his disgusting behavior, I quickly inserted my keys into the lock. However, one of them grabbed my wrist, trying to stop me. "You've got it wrong. This unit belongs to Hiroto Amamiya," the man said.

"And who are you, his lackey?" I forcefully pulled my hand away, warning him not to touch me again. "Try it again, and you'll regret it."

Seizing the opportunity to assert their dominance, one of them yanked my hair with such force that it stretched my scalp. I grabbed his hand, ready to fight back, but before I could react, something pierced my neck.

They injected something into me.

"You jerk!" I was about to throw a punch, but suddenly, my vision faded, and I fell into a deep sleep.

   I don't know how many days it has been, but as I slowly regained consciousness, a stinging pain throbbed in my head and neck. Annoyance and fury swirled within me as the memories of the last incident flooded my mind—I had been drugged.

I tried to open my eyes, but darkness greeted me. A blindfold tightly covered my vision, while my hands and feet remained bound behind me. How could I have let my guard down like this? After all those years away from Sannoh Region, I couldn't afford to be weak now that I was back.

"Hiroto Amamiya will pay," a man's voice declared. Hell yeah, he would. He was the sole reason I found myself in this situation. I had a job to attend to tomorrow morning, damn it!

The blindfold was abruptly yanked away, and I was momentarily blinded by the harsh light in the room. "Aren't you a pretty thing?" commented an old man in a white suit. It took all my willpower not to throw up in his face right then and there. Maybe I should.

"Honestly, what the hell do you old fucks want?" I spat out, my voice dripping with venom.

"Such fire in this one," he said, gripping my jaw and forcing me to look toward a corner where I saw a pool of blood and dead bodies hanging upside down. "I hate to turn you into one of them, so be kind and pretty for me tonight."

No, Suki. The voice echoed in my mind once again, its trembling fear sending shivers down my spine. My heart raced, and beads of cold sweat formed on my forehead. I could feel every muscle in my body tense up as my eyes were fixated on the corner of the room. The sight of blood, crimson and unsettling, filled my vision.

A pungent odor, the unmistakable smell of blood, invaded my nostrils, assaulting my senses. It triggered a cascade of memories, a flood of images that churned my insides. Mother... my mother's lifeless body. Takeru... Takeru-senpai.

"Release her restraints and bring her to the bed. I want to have some fun," the old man laughed, a sickening sound that reverberated in the room. His men obeyed, lifting me up and swiftly cutting the ropes binding my hands, while he unfastened his belt.

Blood... 

"Blood..."

"Suki, don't do it," Takeru pleaded, his voice filled with concern as he clutched his bleeding wrists. I glanced at the two boys he had been fighting, their hands tightly gripping knives.

The scent of blood filled my nostrils, and in an instant, a surge of adrenaline coursed through my veins. There are no words to describe how the smell of blood awakens the dormant beast within me. With a single exhale, my world turned crimson, consumed by the color of spilled blood. Unstoppable. I became unstoppable.

"Suki, no!" Takeru's voice trembled with genuine fear, witnessing a side of me he had never seen before.

"Why so quiet?" the old man chuckled, his voice filled with sadistic anticipation. "Don't worry, you'll be screaming later once I'm—AAARGH!"

In a single swift movement, I seized the knife from the belt of one of his men and unleashed a slashing strike right where he deserved it the most—between his legs.

The other men in the room were frozen in shock as I swiftly eliminated them, piercing their necks before they could even react. The three figures who had stood before me moments ago now joined the devil in the depths of hell. But my attention remained fixated on the old man, his feeble struggle for survival—pathetic.

"Just die, you old fuck." I pressed my knee onto his chest and positioned the sharp point of the knife against his heart.

"P-Please..." he pleaded, his voice filled with desperation. I leaned in close, ensuring he could feel my breath against his ear.

I grasped his jaw firmly, forcefully turning his face toward the bloodstained corner of the room. "Is that how they begged?"