Curious

Playlist to go with the story:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/10gkbkak8eeinfPE373vEd?si=ozS_KfOVReCmmhqvITCkaw

Earned It- The Weekend
Love Lockdown- Kanye West
I Don't Wanna Live Forever- Zayn, Taylor Swift
Or Nah- (feat. The Weekend, Wiz Khlifa)
Lana Del Ray- Cherry
Moth to the Flame- The Weekend
Sunsetz-Cigarettes After Sex
Dark Times- The Weekend, Ed Sheeran
Fetish- Selena Gomez
With Me- dvsn
Some Place- JOY
Under The Influence- Chris Brown
People You Know- Selena Gomez
The Great War- Taylor Swift
Birthday Sex- Jeremih
Shut Up and Listen- Nicholas Bonnin, Angelicca
Heaven- Julia Michaels
Collide- Justine Skye

The first week of work and I'm barely getting through it. Too much to think about in a single minute. I managed to make a friend somehow despite not being a people person.

It has been a year since I quit my job to nurse my brother at the hospital. After the incident, I felt the urge to get myself engaged in work to distract myself from some thoughts that will probably send me to the grave.

Mina opened her heart for me when I first came here. Have I ever even thanked her for that?
We are on a 45 minute lunch break. I decided that  we will stand at the balcony today. The workplace atmosphere is kinda stuffy. I watch as Mina's mouth moves and chews the food resting my chin in my hand.  
"  He's a tyrant.  Even looking at his face pisses me off " , Mina groans.

" Are you listening? Helllllo ", she floats her hands up and down my face in an attempt to draw my attention.
I tilt my hand to the side, absent-mindedly causing the coffee in my grip to almost spill " What? Sorry ", I chuckle as  I quickly adjust my cup.

" You were spacing out again. Don't tell me you were thinking about that again. Gosh you're unbelievable y/n " .
What she doesn't know is that her guess is always spot on. That's what I don't dare to tell her. I'm on a break, but for the next few minutes I'll try to pretend to take in what she will be lecturing me . I give her a little shake with my head, then my gaze rests on a small vase of flowers next to  me.

" Mina, do you think..." , " yeah?" , she replies with almost a smile. "Do you think I am...nevermind "
"Okay, tell me later. It's almost time l'ets get back inside" , Mina says after glancing at her handwatch. On my way back to my desk , a  low-pitched voice catches my attention, but the glass walls save me figuring out whose voice it is.  
Nanami is talking to Mr Doregi, the boss; the tyrant, to be exact.

" I'm not going to let you destroy what I've worked hard for many years for, you get that? " , Mr. Doregi yells at someone. " I'll take the responsibility for everything, accept our apologies, and now if you excuse us " , Nanami says as he tilts his head down.

My curiosity has reached  its level  to know what's happening between Nanami  and his colleague as they walk out.  "You're saving me again Nanami , the drinks on me", his colleague says.

" Aren't you coming?" , Mina calls out from a distance.

I force a little rush toward her.