Lettuce Sandwich

I'm walking down the aisle that leads to my desk.

It's really quiet here, the place hitts differently when it's empty.

I make my way to his desk before I stop and watch him silently. He's placing a spread over his eyes while leaning back comfortably into his chair. He's different from earlier; rather, he's unkempt. The blue and white striped tie he he's wearing is loosened around his neck, and his white shirt is mid-buttoned putting his chest on view . How can this man look damn attractive in his worst conditions?

My footsteps noise saves me saying anything to gain his attention, so he puts the spread aside. " You know you're gonna hurt your neck by doing that, right? " , I say. This is my first time talking to him and yet that's what I start with. Great job dummy.
" Do I have a choice? " he leans up . I reach out my hand to give him the sandwich, " I thought you would be hungry. " He thinks before he finally accepts it, " Thank you. "

The air smelles of his tiredness; I can tell from his dark circles that take time to appear that he has been staying overtime everyday lately. If not forever. " see you around I guess.", I say as I take a step back. I turn back to walk in. I'm pretending that I'm leaving when I'm dying to stay a bit longer. But I suck when it comes to making conversation. Buying that sandwich and handing it to him was a miracle for me in itself.

His eyes sparkling with innocence " Would you like to join me on the balcony for a while? " , he says. My brain goes numb. What? Moving on it's accord, my mouth mutters with a shaky voice , " Yeah, sure. "