Six

I didn't sleep a wink last night.

I don't know what feeling people are supposed to have when they kiss. Is it passion ? Lust ? Because I haven't felt any. When I kissed Nanami, I meant affection, respect, and sympathy.

It was my first kiss.

I could have just hugged him, but I wanted him to know he was wanted. Needed. Of Course I wanted the floor to split and swallow me whole as well. And just that way, those four words " I. Didn't. Hate. It. " deprived me of my eight-hours sleep.

Now I'm walking into the desks aisle and hoping I won't run into him because I'll be deprived from focus too. I reach my desk and settle down then count the files left for me to get done. Not too much but I still exhale. I hear heels clicks coming in my direction and look up at Mina " Morning " she says with a flashy smile.

" Morning " I give her the smile she deserves. I notice that she's holding a plastic box " I made brownies. You haven't had breakfast, right ? ". I love how we have only known each other for a week and she already knows a lot about me including my eating habits.

" No, are you willing to share yours with me, perhaps ? " I tease her

" No silly, I made them for you. You're welcome"

" Mina " I fake cry. " I love you ".

" I split them in two parts, so you can have some now and save some for when you stay overtime " she opens the box.

" Guess I have to wash my hands , be right back " I say as I lift off my seat. I watch her out of the corner of my eyes as she slides into my seat and picks up some tissues from my desk.

" Bring some plastic cups, okay ? " she calls after me. I don't respond to her because my eyes are traveling around the place in search of him. I'm scanning every single body in suit.

Not here.

It's just a matter of time before I see him. I'm staying overtime after all and so is he, as usual. My face is against this warm wall. I gasp and bring my hand to my forehead as I take a step back and observe his face.

" My bad, sorry " he says " I should have thought that you were unfocused and stepped aside".

He's wearing a black velvet suit with purple cravat. No need to mention that his button up is white. " It's okay, are you okay though ? "

It took me seconds to take in his red hair and blue eyes. I've never seen such a combo of colors. I'm starting to feel proud that I haven't noticed this guy before. His beauty is otherworldly and I'm not even shy to admit it.

" y/n, right ? "

" Yeah ". " I'm Zen " he points to himself with his thumb.

" Was it good or bad ? " he says. I look up at him and he's eyeing me intensely. " The thing that stole your focus "

" I don't know " I look down at my feet.

" Ahh, sorry that was a weird question " with that he scratches his nape. " It's okay " and I mean it because anyone would be wondering what are these thoughts that make me look like a wandering zombie.

" It might seem weird but I've been wanting to talk to you, y/n " he smiles. He got the smile of a child that makes anyone smile back. But all of his features are child-like. I smile back and he probably took it as I'm-all-ears, so he starts explaining.

" The company is holding a business party. It's an annual tradition and it usually includes workers from our company and clients. It's something they do to consolidate relations, you know, " He's quiet for a moment " so as the vice boss of the department, I'm obliged to make sure that workers and clients catch the word ".

It's a strategy the companies do to keep their money and make sure clients won't pull out their stocks. The problem is that I don't own any dress besides my blazer-skirt suits. The last thing I want for me is to buy a dress and be surrendered by strangers.

" You should come. It's not obligatory but it helps with promotions "

" I'll think about it I guess " I say and as if I crashed his hopes. I know it would be evil from me to think that he's seeking a promotion himself by doing all of this, but it's a good thing. Aspiring people are the best.

" Okay you can think about it " he looks at his hand watch and then at the entry behind me " I should go ". He hesitates then he says " Let's talk more sometime " by that he turns, waves and walks away until he disappears at one of the offices. I have started making my way to my desk when I hear Zen calling after me " y/n wait ".

When I turn, he has made it to me." I want you," he says between breaths " I want you to do me a favor ". I don't say okay or ofcourse so he explains more.

" Are you on good terms with Nanami ? " he asks. My stomach, no my organs hop at the mention of Nanami.

" Nanami ? " I repeat.

If he knows anything about what happened yesterday, he says nothing. " We barely talk " I say trying to sound the most uninterested in Nanami.

" Good morning Mr Layking " a girl says while passing past us. She giggles and clutches arms with another girl who is seemingly her friend. Then I remember Mina and that I was heading to the restroom.

I left her waiting for these cups. There is some white patch on the girl's back like she has been pressing her back to a lime wall. I wonder if she tried to wash it away and failed. It's obvious she was flirting with Zen.

" Good morning " he smiles at her. He switches his focus back to me.

" No? I thought you two would be close, you two have the same way of interacting with people " he scratches his nape again. Truly, I don't know where this conversation is going.

" What do you mean? "

" Both of your answers are limited to yes and no and you both give off that can-I-go-if-you-are-done vibe ". I see what he means actually.

" Yeah, maybe you're right. Sorry if I was giving you that vibe I didn't intend to " I kinda feel sorry for him now.

" I'm sure you didn't intend to. Anyway I was hoping that you could convince him for me "

" About what? "

" The party "

" Why me? "

" I Thought that since you two seem to hate interactions, you might be able to know how he feels. To tell you the truth I don't think that Nanami would want to hear anything from me. It's not really good between us anymore. " He drops his sight to the floor and I'm about to shoot him a question when Mina appears behind him.

" Where are the cups ? " she stops and eyes Zen from head to toe. " Mr Layking, I'm sorry I didn't realize that you're the one who stole y/n from me "

" I'm coming, " I tell her and walk past him, but stop " I'll try ".

I guess I have a way of getting myself into uncomfortable situations.

Yeah.