Four

The breezes that play with my hair are laden with the scent of his fragrance because they're coming directly from his direction. I take my time to inhale and exhale air, then I smile widely, " I completely forgot how beautiful this scenery is during nighttime ".               

He throws a hum that barely made it to my  eardrums. All his focus  is on the scenery as if he's mentally doing his work. I look up at  Nanami since he doesn't spare a glance my way. " I accidentally heard your conversation with Mr. Doregi, is everything okay? "

" There was a sort of mix up, but everything is settled now ", he says. A silence separates both of you making me notice his fingertips. They are red. " Your friend seems to rely on you a lot. I bet he feels lucky to have someone whom he can trust ",  I say as I look down to my  fingertips .
"  I'm doing that as a part of my job, only ",he explains  .

" Yeah, but still not everyone can... ",  I say before I'm interrupted. He half turns to face me with that shut-up-you-don't-know-anything about-me look on his face, but with even more serious tone this time, " I'm just avoiding what can menace my personal profits. There's really nothing I would like to get myself into ".

Hearing this made me feel like he's squeezing  my heart with the palm of his hand. I'm not one to push myself into discussions or to pay too much attention to what people do or say, so why  am I bothering myself to convince him that what he does is heroic now?

There's something about Nanami that keeps me wanting to get to know more about him. I clear my throat out because I want to sound convincing as much as possible.

"  My brother died of blood cancer a year ago. He needed blood transfusion, but the waitlist was already long to grant us a light of hope, for his blood type was the rarest AB negative. We thought that we found a donor when  it turned out that his girlfriend has the same blood type as him, but she fashionably turned our request down ",  I can see my breaths vapor as I talk. The breezes are becoming colder. I can feel it since I'm wearing a mini skirt with nothing beneath.    

I give myself a hug to warm myself up ."  he was let down by his own girlfriend, yet he made himself believe that she had her reasons to refuse. He died believing that. ' helping others won't kill you, just do it without thinking twice ' ,he would say to me. At that time all I could think about was finding a donor, and never took any of what he said for granted. After his death, helping others became an impossible mission for me ", I continue.

" Sorry for what happened to your brother, but I'm not the person that you think I am. I sincerely don't care about what others think of me as long as I have money, and I assume  that no one will even notice if I'm gone "

" What if I stand on this railing, and try to jump off? Would you still not care ?",  I ask in annoyance, looking into his eyes.
" Cut it out with the nonsense", he answers me . Right after hearing the last word he says, I unhesitantly put my hands on the railing and climb up ,as if winning this argument will take me to heaven somehow. I have no idea what I'm doing right now.  I'm flowing with uncertainties.

Fuck.