Two

If u want some real progress in the story move to part 7

It's 9 pm and, the place is getting emptied.

I start to feel envious as I watch people leaving that I wish I didn't let all the work pile up on me. I had several breakdowns the past few days and finishing my work was my last concerns . And here I am paying for it. " Are you sure you wanna finish all this today? I mean you still have tomorrow right?" Mina utters , pointing to the files on my desk.

" I'll be fine, now go and have fun with your boyfriend.", I say not as if I don't know what's waiting for me to finish.

I exhale heavily while I look at my desk being snowed under by tons of files. Maybe I should have died instead of him.

Reviewing and signing the papers under the name of the company, that is my job. I have been doing both for one hour and a half. The last signature did much to make me question my life all out of sudden. I lean back into my chair to stretch my arms.

Wait, is that a hair? A blonde hair, in fact. Nanami? What the hell is he still doing here? I thought I was the only one left.I put my arms down hoping that he didn't see me.

He didn't, actually.
My eyes are glued at him though. I know that I shouldn't be staring, but gosh I just can't help it. Staring consumes my energy. I reach for my wallet, my keys, and my phone, and I head out to get a snack. As I make my way to the hallway, I sneak a snappy glance at him.

It's 10:45 pm.

" That would be 2.47 dollars. " , the bakery girl says.

My eyes fall on the showcase, I can see the sandwich that I once saw Nanami holding in the bakery when I was buying my usual croissant. I think he's a regular customer here, too. Did he really see me that day? He didn't, perhaps. He and I have never talked although I saw him a handful of times. All the times when run into each other, he would lean his head down without a word passing his mouth.
" Can I get one of those, too? " , I say as I point to that sandwich.

" Few people would go with that choice, are you fond of lettuce miss? " , the bakery girl comments while taking out the sandwich and putting it in a small paper bag.
" Not really. " , I say, but I instantly regret what I said as that it makes me unsure of what I'm doing buying something that I barely like. It's not like I hate the idea itself, but I'm just wondering if I would be comfortable going that far with what I'm going to do with that sandwich.

" One of our customers usually buys the same sandwich everyday. He's such a nice man. He even helped me with the pain in my shoulder. " the bakery girl explains. " I see. " that is all I can tell her.