Five

The street seems so far from where I stand, but it's brave to say that I'm not actually scared. It feels nice. There's another scent. The carbonic scent that comes from plants. I wonder how miserable the people who take their own lives do feel. They are the only ones who rush to death instead of death rushing to them. 

Do they feel like Nanami like no one's gonna notice if they're gone ?

I'm grabbed by this huge hand of Nanami. Once he lands me on the ground, he grips my forearms with so much strength " How can you be so foolish ? What were you thinking ? ". His eyes are burning me and it makes it hard for me to gather my thoughts or spit words. His hands slide off my arms and he gives me one last look before he turns and goes inside. I follow. He didn't head to his office, instead he sat on the couch.

He's in the same position I found him in when I first walked here. His way of relaxing. I walk the same way. He reacts the same way. But this time I say nothing, I just sit next to him.

 Silence. 

Silence.

 More silence.

 Alarming silence.

I look at my hands. He eventually lifts his head and a strand hovers over his eye. I don't even try to resist the urge to touch it. My hand just automatically flies and pushes it back. That surprises us both, but me even more.

I can feel his body temperature even though my hands are not actually touching him. My hand slides to his cheek. I bring my other hand and cup his face and, I bring my mouth to his. I kiss him.

Despite how pathetic this situation is. Despite how pathetic I'm feeling. Despite how pathetic he has been feeling. I guess I'm pathetically in love with this Nanami who feels pathetic. It feels so good to kiss him. Of Course it does.
But I jerk back anyway. I gasp and slap my hand to my mouth " I'm sorry I shouldn't ha... I need to go ". I have made one stride length when my hand is grabbed " I didn't hate it " he says Not Looking At Me. He lets my hand, and I fly off.

He didn't hate it.

I smile.