5

I moved uncomfortably on the bed, fully aware of the unbelievably hot boy sitting away from me.

Brother or not, it was hard to ignore is unreal visuals and good looks, with his messy black hair that looked oh-so-fluffy, and his piercing icy blue eyes that never seemed to stray from me for more than a few seconds.

"Don't you need to go to bed?" I said tiredly. Sleep had finally gotten to me and I wanted nothing more to oblige, and it was getting harder to keep my eyes open.

"No."

I groaned, sitting up on the bed so I was facing him directly.

"Look, I'm not that poor that I need to steal from you okay? I was just looking around cause I was bored alright? Just drop it."

"Looking around? At midnight?"

"You were basically doing the same thing!" I exclaimed, frustrated. "Or can you explain why you were up too?"

His eyes darkened significantly and I noticed the slight tick of his jaw.

"It is my home, you have no right to question what I do."

I hated to admit he was right, so I just sat there pouting.

"You know what," I stated, fed up with is stupid accusations. "Stay here, fine."

And with that, I clapped my hands twice and the lights turned off.

I smiled to myself, feeling really cool because of my dramatic exit, then I heard Xander clap twice and the lights turned on again.

The frustration in me, along with my self-hatred bubbled up until I couldn't take it anymore, and I felt like bursting into tears.

I was so upset and angry at the same time, why couldn't he just leave me alone to sleep?

Xander smirked in my direction, but that smirk quickly dropped as he noticed my quivering lips and watering eyes.

"Oh shit! Um.. don't cry, don't cry-Oh shit Ivy-" He looked alarmed as tears began to fall from my eyes at an alarmingly fast rate, the pent up emotions about everything and nothing at all came bursting out of me all at once.

My shoulders shook as I sobbed into a pillow, and I noticed Xander was now standing at the foot of my bed, his hands sorta stretched out, debating his next move.

I wanted any sort of comfort, but I certainly didn't want his snobby-ass hands on me.

I pointed at the door, hoping my tears could at least persuade him to leave.

Luckily, I was right, and he stuck his hands into the pockets of his sweatpants and left, shutting the door behind him without another word.

Sniffling, and feeling like a total hot mess for crying in front of Xander, I crawled further into the depths of my massive duvet and cried myself to sleep.

                             ******

Waking up to the sound of an alarm I had no idea I had set, I felt crawling into the depths of the earth and never returning.

I begrudgingly poked my head out from the cocoon I had formed out of the duvet and squinted as the bright rays of the sun shone into my eyes, smashing the alarm as well so it could shut up.

A figure stood at my full length windows, pushing the blinds open like a freaking Disney princess.

I groaned, shoving my head back into the pillows, mentally considering who it could be.