#3 - The New Partner

My eyes slowly open and then I looked at the clock on the nightstand.

 I ended up stay at his house for a couple days and now it was Monday. 

Oh shit!

 I'm gonna be late to work! 

Wait- damn it,

 I forgot I was at the guy's house I hooked up with last night.

 I don't know what to do because I had no time to go all the way back to my apartment.

 I put on the dress that I wearing last night on and brush my teeth with Mike's toothbrush. Lucky for me, my hair still looked good and my make-out from last night looked good enough.

 I was just about to leave when I then looked back at Mike sleeping on his bed. I should probably leave him a note with my number or something like that. So I found notebook and a pen and wrote that I had to leave for work and my number. 

Once I got I taxi I told him to take me to a store called Annie's. When I got in there I quickly grabbed the first outfit I saw and bought it. I then changed into it and put my dress into the bag the outfit came with and called for a taxi to take me to work. I outfit that I grabbed was tight white pants, with a matching white blazer, then I v-neck black t-shirt, and the black heels I was wearing at the club last night.

I was 10 minutes late when I got to my work building. I quickly went into the building and went to the front deck. 

"Oh my god! Miss Woods, you late!" The lady at the front deck named Cady said. 

"I know Cady and I'm so sorry!" I said back to her. 

"Well you're kind of lucky because your new partner is not here yet". She then said. 

"Oh! Thank God!" I said as I started walking to the elevator. 

I got to the floor where my boss meeting room was and walked him. He was looking at some papers when I walked in. 

He then turned around and said, "Miss Woods! Why the hell- sorry about that I mean why are you late! You're lucky your partner is late too even though I don't like that he is. 

"I know and I am so sorry!" I said to him. 

"Whatever can you start looking at these paper". My boss said as he gave me some papers. They were about my new partner and then a case we had to work on. Then I heard the door open and my boss feet walking over to the door. I was facing away from the door at the moment. 

Then I heard a deep voice say, "Why I am so sorry I was late, I had some things to take care of". 

"It's fine I guess, we just need to start this meeting Mr. Adler." My boss then said to him. 

WAIT- did he just say "Adler", like the guy I hooked up with last night Adler?!

Then my boss said, "Miss Woods, come meet your new partner Mike Adler.

I slowly turned around with the papers still in my hands. And holy shit, it was him. The guy I hooked up with. My mouth dropped open and the papers fell to the floor. He looked just as shocked and then did a little smirk. I shook my head and then started picking up the papers. My boss then said we can talk as he went to get something. Oh no no no! This can not be happening. Mike then start helping me pick up the papers. 

He then cleared his throat and said, "Well this is a surprise". 

I hesitated before I said, "yeah, it is". 

"You know, you were fun and I'm up for round two whenever you are" He said smiling at me. 

"This is not the time to be flirting with me". I said with my face starting to get red as I stood up.

Then the boss came in and we took a seat. The whole time Mike would just stare at me and it was getting so annoying. When we were done talking about your new case which was about proving this girl is innocent for not crashing her car into her ex-boyfriend's car on purpose. We could leave for the day, but on my way out Mike came up to me. 

"Hey Allie, I have to ask you something before you leave." He said. 

"What is it?" I said. 

"Do you wanna go on a date tomorrow night?" Mike asked. 

I smiled and then said, "Only if you don't stare at me the whole time at our next meetings". 

"I'll try my best" He said smiling. 

"Great, pick me up at 8". I said as I left smiling.