Episode 3

Punguzhali pov:

"No mumma I can't."

"But ammu this is a lif...."

"Why are you even asking her?. She should get marry and leave this home." my dad said.

"I will never get married." I shouts at him.

"Here no one is standing in queue to get married to you. First the family should come and look at you. Then they should accept you. Then only we were going to talk about marriage. "

I glared at him.

"Watever I don't even want to present like a doll before anyone."

"Have you ever looked at yourself in mirror. Go and take a look. You are not some girl, who is lean and fair. Perhaps you are a woman who is fat and dark."

"Shivani appa stop arguing with her. Don't say like that" maa shouted.

"That's why am saying why are you even wanted me to get married?. Just leave me alone for fucking sake."

"Watch you tongue. " he shouted.

"What you will do?"

"Punguzhali stop." maa started to shout at me.

"I don't want a marriage."

"Then are you planning to stay in this house, so that you can be a disgrace to the family forever?."

"If that is the problem means I will just walk out of this damn house rather being with you guys."

"Punguzhali" maa shouted at one side.

"Look at this brat. This is why I said no to her education. Now because she is earning she is thinking that she can live a life without us."

"You are nothing but a bad omen, disgrace. That's it" he says.

I kept looking at him for sometime and walked inside my room.

'You are nothing but a disgrace. That's it.' his words kept ringing in my ears.

"Punguzhali" I heard maa voice.

"Don't disturb me mumma" I shouts at her as she kept knocking the door.

"Please punguzhali"

"Please open the door."

                           ________

"Please punguzhali. They are arriving next week. Please atleast come and stand before them. That's all ammu."

"Mumma did you forget what happened last time?" I asked her without any emotions.

"Punguzhali this time we will take ca.."

"No mumma. I just don't need tbe marriage at all. Am not suitable for it mumma. You know about it right mumma?. Then why are you torturing me with this marriage thing mumma. Marriage is not all mu.."

"Punguzhali no please don't say like that. You also meant to get married ammu. Dont speak like this. All I want is to give your hand to someone. I can't see you like this. Please punguzhali, this Tim..."

"Mumma stop. I don't want to argue with you. Even I don't have any time. I have to get going to my work." I says while walking out of the house.

                       ________

"Hi punguzhali" i heard swapna voice. I looked back only to smile at her.

"How are you swapna?"

"Am fine"

"So how is your husband is treating you?" I asks her only to notice her smile.

"Wow swapna, you do know how to being shy and all. Wow I never knew about it." I laughs at her.

"Comeon Kuzhali, stop kidding me" she says.

"I missed you swapna. Am happy for you." I says to get to which she hugged me.

I smiled.

"So what is happening on your life?. What did your so called dad did this time?" she asks me.

"What he will do?. Just calling me with ugly names that's it. And he is saying that I should get ready for show casing for marriage. "

"Did you dad got some brain or what in short spam of time?"

"Whta?" I ask sher.

"I mean did he really wanted you to get married?"

"Yeah"

"That's good right"

"Sawpna as if you don't know, how are you asking for it?"

"But Kuzhali"

"No swapna. Am not meant for marriages. I don't need anything just a peace"

"But kuzhali, what if this time you really got married and whta if he is a genuine person?"

" There is no such person kuzhlai. And I don't need any man at all. "

" This life which am living now is more than enough. "

" But"

"No buts, we have so much of work. Come let's finish it up. I think you should ask for a day shift for atleast few months. So that I could see you as a patient here soon with a gyno report." I laughs at her.

She too laughed.

Author's note:

Author's note:

How was the chapter?

Please do comment ❤️

Love yourself.