Chapter Twenty three.

~Somi's POV~

The weekend flies by in a blur, but the memories are etched in my mind. As I catch what's left of my sleep after last night's party, I try to recall the last few moments at the Island resort. PK and Lola are expecting twin boys. I love how the blue glitters speckled the beach sand. It was truly magical.

Sami never came around but after my talk with Adams, I couldn't care less about her. We are on our way to Abuja to see Adams' parents, The Hassan-Audu's. Adams has tried to prepare me for what to expect.

"They're strict at first but really sweet and soft on the inside."

"Be yourself."

"My dad will most likely warm up slower than my mom."

"If they say something you don't like, remember what I told you. You are enough for me, that's all that matters."

"You're beautiful. You're smart and incredibly hardworking."

I recite his words in my head.

"Somi." His voice filters into my dream. I opened my eyes and it's a blur for a few seconds. "We're here." Adams said.

"Oh wow." I yawn, wiping my eyes.

"Dad sent his escort."

"We are going straight there?" I ask in panic.

"No, of course not. I made a reservation at Transcorp. We could get dressed there and meet them for lunch at the villa."

Villa?

"Your father's house is called a villa?" I asked, still half asleep. He didn't answer, instead he pasted a kiss on my neck and spanked the side of my exposed thigh, it stung a bit but now I was awake.

He held me as we walked down the jet, Angela had her famous smile on. I had taken her number, her and Lola's. They're now my girls and I love it for me.

"Please don't forget to tip Angela." I reminded Adams.

"Sure." He said.

Before I could accustom myself to the cold dry air and the distant mountain scaping the air strip and inviting me to explore the capital city, a number of black suited men ran towards us grabbing what is grabbable.

Adams holds me tightly.

"SSS." He said, "Dad's security detail." and I nod slowly, overwhelmed by their swiftness.

We get into the waiting SUV and I remain quiet just reciting the mantra and everything Adams has told me about them.

At Transcorp Hilton, the security detail did their usual busybody before we were allowed to step into the hotel.

So much  for being discreet, I thought.

Adams paid for a room since we were supposed to get dressed and check out. Quickly, we took the elevator. Two of the SSS guys were with us. I was almost expecting them to enter the room with us. It was amusing when they didn't. Adams dressed up in the bathroom after giving me a flirtatious wink and left me to the room. When he stepped out, he was wearing an embroidered kaftan outfit and a traditional cap paired with leather slides.

"Is that compulsory when you're visiting?" I asked.

"No, but my mom loves it." He said.

"Oh, okay. It's really cute." I replied, adjusting the brown embroidered Abaya he bought for me at the mall the night before we left for Calabar, I put my lipgloss on and wore a kitten heel pump.

"You look stunning." He scanned me.

"Thank you." I replied.

In no time, we're out of the door, the security detail follows us closely until we're in the SUV again and moving. We moved so quickly I have no memory of what the outside of the hotel looked like.