Chapter Seven.

~Sarima's POV~

I entered through the heavy glass doors and looked around the hall. The scent of lavender musk was faint in the cold atmosphere.

I sighted the female worker I'd seen here two weeks ago. The teenage boy at her side during my last visit was absent today.

I smiled at her making my way around the furniture; toward her, but she didn't return the gesture, and I regretted my friendly act.

"Is your oga around?" I asked her, skipping the greeting I initially had at the tip of my tongue.

She looked up from the book and placed it on the counter like she had just noticed my presence.

Her fake eyelash was coming off at the ends, and her red lipstick didn't suit her face. She could have looked better without it.

"I don't know," she gave a vague response, her stare blank.

Really?

I dipped my hand into my pocket to reveal my–not so worthy for the public's eye phone.

"I mean, he must have stepped out," She tried to explain as she saw what I was doing.

"Don't worry. I'll just give him a call."

"No, I'll call him," She brought out the landline from under the counter.

I ignored her and dialled his number.

He picked on the first ring.

"Gingerbread," came his drawl from the phone, his manly voice simultaneously echoing in the hall, and I turned around to see him making his way into the hall from the back entryway. He wore a surprised look on his face when he sighted me, and he ended the call immediately, smiling happily at me.

He is happy to see me.

I was elated.

I hid my blush. Smiling back, forgetting about his nasty employee and leaving the counter as my eyes accessed him, he was on a brown leather slide and black jean trousers with the signature customised button-down vintage shirt he mostly had on; today's had a beach design of palm trees all over it on a blue background.

His low-cut hair looked wet, and his handsome face was fresh from being washed. He must have been busy earlier on. I was lucky to catch him free.

I had yet to inform him that I would visit him.

"What?" My grin increased as he stood before me, hands folded across his chest, giving me an amused look.

"You didn't tell me you were missing me when we spoke on the phone two days ago o." He quizzed.

"Who's missing you? I came 'cause I got something for you," I tapped my old blue satchel drawstring bag slung over my right shoulder twice.

"Your bag is nice. You made it too?" He asked, his eyes leaving there to rest on my face.

"Yeah, it's a year old already," I returned proudly. Falling into slow steps beside him as he walked towards the counter.

"So what did you get for me?" He asked, relieving the sales attendant from her duty post.

I looked around. The environment was calmer than it was the last time I was here.

I voiced my thoughts, and he replied.

"Workers are dismissed earlier on weekends, apart from the sales manager," who was the young lady that initially occupied this counter.

"Okay," I nodded, opening the bag and bringing out the first male slide. It had a leather material with his initials woven into it at the top.