Chapter Thirty Six

~Sarima's POV~

Onome had helped Homa and I during our moving as Somi was at the hospital and had since refused to go back to her one bedroom at Agege, she'd only gone back today to pick up some of her stuff and then return later.

No I'm not complaining, my new bed was wide enough to contain both of us comfortably or if it comes to worse, Onome would use one of the empty spare rooms.

Homa was upstairs in her room, writing, with a do not disturb sign at the door and I was unpacking the boxes of new silverwares and arranging them into the cabinet compartments in the kitchen as Somi had mentioned that we'd be having important visitors soon.

My arts program was coming to an end soon and things had been easier since I moved into this house, this week.

The doorbell began to ring and I dropped the empty boxes I was about trashing out on the marble counter at the centre of the kitchen.

I wasn't expecting that they'd come sooner, or was it Onome? It's probably Onome.

I skipped to the door and opened it. I guessed wrong.

It was Adams now changed from the clothes he'd worn this morning and some people behind him.

I smile at them, holding the door wider to let them in.

"Lemme inform Somi that y'all are here." I say after welcoming them.

"That's not your girl?" The dark tall one who'd initially thrown me a melancholic smile at the door voiced out to Adams.

"That's her twin, William." Lola, who I recognised, explained to him.

"They're identical?" I didn't like the way his gaze lingered on my body, and then settled on my eyes, giving me a roguish smile. "Hi, I'm William." He waved.

"Sarima." My answer came in a monotone as I returned his smile with a brief fake one and headed to the staircase to call Somi.

Once back down, I could feel his gaze following me around. He must have been the Ashawo man Somi had mentioned from her vacation at Calabar.

I went into the kitchen to prepare some refreshments to serve them, bringing out the drinks first and setting it up in a tray. I took it out to the living room, smiling as I sighted Somi already in Lola's arms on one of the long cushions, a small smile on their lips.

I looked at Adams, his eyes were trained on Somi as Lola's husband, the shortest amongst them was filling him in on some random gist.

I envied what my sister and her boyfriend shared, and in a good way. Sometimes I want to convince myself to drop the hard girl act but I always rethink it and decide to use my head.

Like a magnet, I jammed Williams' stare. And he had the guts to let his eyes wander my whole body again and this time rested on my scarred hand which I instinctively hid behind me.

I glared at him, and he grinned, throwing me a wink.

Mtchew

Creep.

Luckily the doorbell rang. Should be Onome.

I went to get it and she indeed was there with a ton of her luggage.

I chuckled, helping her out with some stuff.

"You don kuku move in with me."

"I no wan disguise again."

Her response made me laugh harder.

She was surprised to see the visitors. Switching up to English she greeted everyone as we headed to the stairs.