Chapter Fifteen.

~Somi's POV~

What's the time?

I squeezed my eyes shut and let out a heavy sigh as warm tears trickled down the sides of my face, landing on the pillow underneath my head, feeling the weight of exhaustion press down on me. The room was dimly lit, and because it had rained earlier, it made the approaching evening even darker.

Hungry.

The pain in my stomach was growing more intense with each passing moment, twisting and turning its way through my stomach like a menacing serpent and my growling stomach reminded me of its emptiness. I raised my sore head up. It ached so bad I put it back down and took a deep breath. If I didn't know better, I would have thought there was a stranger in my uterus, but Somi knows better.

I try again and slowly get up. The room spins, so I hold my head in my hands, groaning softly until it settles. It feels like I have a hot plate in my palms.

My head was pounding, and my body felt heavy as if it were made of lead. It was a struggle to lift my head, but I managed to do so with great effort.

Na wa.

I forced myself up. Clutching the arms of my sweater as if to drag it closer to my skin than it already was. With a deep breath, I tried to steady myself and slowly got up, my body swaying as if I were on a ship caught in a stormy sea. It was a struggle to keep my balance, and my head felt like it was about to explode.

So cold.

Hues of red, orange and pink from the previously beaten sky bled into the room through the open window, casting shadows of our few belongings on the floor. I walk slowly to the rechargeable lamp on the table and turn it on, watching as the shadows disappear with the introduction of its white light.

My phone.

I don't even know where it was. Probably dead somewhere in the mess of the room. Light should come tonight please. Adams must have left me plenty of messages.

Adams and I haven't seen each other since I was at his office and he took me shopping, but we talk about most things every day. I wasn't expecting him to have more charms up his sleeve, but he is actually a juju priest when it comes to making me fall for his charms.

Even though I sensed that I was making a mistake. But right now, I don't have the energy to think about it. All I could focus on was the pain in my stomach and the emptiness that seemed to be consuming me from the inside out.

I hear our neighbours' generator. If Homa were home now I would have asked her to help me search for my phone and go to charge it there but alas! I'm here alone, sick, and my sisters are out there flexing.

Homa's movie date with Amira is more important than my life and Sarima's by-force date with that Ayo guy is equally more important than my life.

The sickness was sudden though, I wasn't in this state before they left.

Na who sick lose.

I walk into the kitchen. Without much of an appetite, I bring down the small tub of custard, a halved tin of evaporated milk and the pack of sugar. The kettle is an arms-length away, so I grab it and fill it up with some water before putting it on the camp gas and turning it on. I sat by the gas, loving the warmth from the small flame and finding some relief in the rushing sound.

Our house is rarely quiet and alone, I'm enough to make it noisy on regular days but not today, at least nothing is adding to my migraine. I don't even think the neighbours know I'm in, nobody has knocked.

I put only a little water in the kettle so it wasn't long before steam poured out of the kettle's spout as it bubbled indicating that it had boiled. I grabbed the handle with a dry towel to avoid coming in contact with the hot surface.