🍎1🍎

They moved their bishop across the board with ease and the conference of someone about to win even though looking at the board you would know better, as the player only had this pice, a pawn and, their king left. The older man simply moved and claimed the bishop with their knight with a slight chuckle,
"And they call you a child prodigy?! Blasphemy more like child's play," the player only smirked as they moved their pawn into enemy territory.

"Chess is kinda like this war, where hiding in plain sight gives you power," the pawn moved to the other end of the board the player leaning back in their chair "Queen me," only for the older man to let out a loud laugh as they to lean back. "Sorry kid but we aren't playing checkers, this is chess and pawns don't become queens here," the younger player only continued to smile as they spoke.

"Promotion, that's what this rule is called, don't believe me look it up, otherwise checkmate," the man looked down to the border and realized they were right, if that pawn somehow became a queen there was no where his King could hide. "Whatever kid, I let you off easy with your fancy rules," and with that the man simply stood up with his cane and walked off. The younger player rolled there eyes and started to reset the board when a woman with red hair and a large hat sat down.

Her eyes were a sharp shade of blue that were angled down, her hair was long and flowing in its vibrant color while she ware very nice cloths no one seemed to notice her. "Up for a game," they asked giving jazz hands as the board was reset. "It's pointless to play a game I would lose," she pointed out as she crossed her legs in a very elegant manner "sure but something tells me you want answers from me, what kind? No clue but you want something, and this is the only way I'll talk to you," they said handing the woman a random pawn.

She didn't so much as scowl as she picked up the pice and placed it down two places forward. "Fine then, your game I'll play by your rules, why exactly is a child no older then 15 hanging around here with no supervision?" She asked as the player picked up their own piece and made their move "what? Can't a kid play a good game of chess with some real competition? Plus my parents won't mind," their easy going smirk not falling once from their face.

"No I suppose they wouldn't would they, to busy working I would guess something as important as new scientific discoveries would out weigh their own child," the woman says as she gave a smile filled with a cool anger. The player just gave a small laugh "I thought you might know who I was and what my parents did but apparently you don't know enough," they moved a pice forward as they returned the cold look.

Unfazed she simply continued the game "oh? How so?" They moved their bishop in line with her king and gave a dramatic sign "checkmate, you really are no good at this game," the woman didn't so much as move "what do we not know?"

The table was silent for a moment, only the sound of the other games going on around them created noise that fell to the background. "(Y/n) (L/n), what do we not know?" The player looked up at the woman and gave a smile "Their dead, the head scientists of the Apple Project are long dead," nether one of them so much as blinked as they started at each other. "Come with me," she spoke softly and evenly no hint of resentment left.

"Why?" They asked studying the Queen pice in their hand "if I understand you correctly, you crave a challenge, something to occupy your time as you rot away that's what I promise you," (Y/n) placed the pice down and stood up "what are we waiting for?"

•~🍎~•🍏•~🍎~•

"So let me get this straight, you want me to go to some prestigious snobby school, do good but not to good that people pay me to much attention and get close to this Damon-" (Y/n) was cut off by The handler as she introduced herself as before they had entered this fancy headquarters "Desmond and yes I do, why do you not think you can do it?" She teased as (Y/n) sat on the side of her desk swinging their legs like a bored child.

"It's not a matter of if I can or can't, rather what's in it for me?" They leaned over their shoulder to look at The Handler "other than world peace and the ability to help your fellow man? Maybe the fact we have evidence against your family and everything they did with their little side projects," she slid a yellow folder thick with papers on to the desk.
(Y/n) didn't even bother picking it up, there was no point in taking it, if she was showing it to them then there were copies somewhere and there wasn't anything in there they didn't already know.

"Let me guess, I don't do this or try and expose you and all this goes to any and all SSS officials you can find?" She didn't say a word but the growing smile on her lips said it all. "I can't really say no," they sigh and lean back on the desk laying down on the folder and looking up at The Handler. "You could, it would just make life for you more interesting," she said as if pondering that future "what is that a challenge? I have no doubt I could make it out just fine ," (Y/n) challenged. The Handler placed her elbow on the table a little away from their head and leaned her own head on her hands.

"Your a smart kid (Y/n), smarter then I may even know so I believe this is your proffered opinion in the long run, even if it's not something your used to," (Y/n)'s face fell neutral as they sighed and sat up not facing her "tests are nothing new, my parents were scientists for gods sake," the woman just closed her eyes and gave a slight chuckle "not that, I was talking about having a family, even if it's fake, this will be a new experience," their ears turned a shade of pink from embarrassment.

"Is that the challenge? Price of cake" They smirked, a slight cockiness to their tone once more. "If you want to take it that way," they leaped off the desk "then I accept, where do we start?" The handler studied the back of the child for a moment taking in how they moved.

"We find Twilight and tell him the alterations to his mission and place you in as one of his kids, this shouldn't be a problem as he hasn't found a wife yet and his daughter is having problems studying for the entrance exams, perfect for an older sibling to step in and help out," they paled.

"I have to study?! This was not in the contract," the woman blinked "you didn't sign a contract, besides how else would you get into any place of power with out the knowledge to use it," (Y/n) turned around and placed their hands on the desk "I don't need to study, I could pass that test right now," the woman lifted a brow. "I never said you couldn't, just that knowledge is power and you gain that from studying," she gave a smirk to the child before standing from her desk.

"Well I guess it's time to being in your new father,"