PROLOGUE

Hey everyone, this is my first time on wattpad and this is just my first attempt. Hope you'll like it. This is a story of ruined lives & fallen kingdoms, that will take you through several people's POVs and flashbacks.

And don't forget to like and comment on the parts that interest you the most.

___________

Louis's POV:-

I had just killed a soldier riding on his horse when I look up and see the one I've been trying to reach ever since morning. The war had only started yesterday and that soldier showed up today, on a brown mare, riding and killing as if death incarnate.

That soldier alone had killed a lot of my men and it was about to get dark. I knew I had to kill him because he wasn't just another soldier of enemy army, his armour was pure white and his helmet covered his whole face, which was very different from the normal soldiers of the army, if nothing else then his skills with both bow and arrow and in swordsmanship gave him away as a superior. But I also knew that he was not the general of the troops, because that was Hensley, who was in a different armour.

No, this was someone else, someone I hadn't gained information about before attacking the Casmere kingdom of king Ashleigh 2 days ago.

I'd come and given them one chance to surrender, wherein I'd sent my general to the king's palace with the royal scroll, giving them the opportunity to surrender the throne to my father's Shadowfen kingdom. But they had chosen this war. The general told me that it was their princess who made the final decision and persuaded the king with a very long and very boring patriotic speech to not give up on thier people. The ranked soldiers had joked about taking her once I won and showing her the correct use of a woman's mouth.

I kill a running soldier with a slash of my sword and was trying to get closer to the knight when my general suddenly came out of nowhere and signaled me to back off. Just when I was about to argue, the horn sounded, ending today's bloodshed on both sides so that they may heal their injured and bury their dead.

⚔⚔⚔⚔⚔

once I had taken a bath, I sat down to have dinner in my tent. My soldier brought in general Kirigan just as I was about to take my first bite.

"Seems like you have grown some guts ever since we came here, general."

"What is this about prince Mortimer?"

"what were you thinking, trying to stop me from engaging that knight in battle?" I ask without hinting the rage in me.

"You don't understand prince, I-"

"I don't understand huh?, I DON'T UNDERSTAND?" I push the table resulting in all the food falling to the ground.

"I AM YOUR PRINCE. I LEAD YOU. I GIVE ORDERS TO YOU. AND YOU ARE A MERE SOLDIER. DO YOU UNDERSTAND, GENERAL?" I shout right in his scarred face.

"Yes your highness. I understand."

"Good. Now, who is that knight? And why did i not know of him until today? It was your responsibility to have Ashleigh's army scouted and find it's strength and weaknesses, wasn't it?" I once again tamp down my anger, oh I will punish him for sure, but the knight was my first priority.

"Yes your highness. But the scouts said that the knight was not mentioned in any of the records and neither was he mentioned by the soldiers of King Ashleigh's army when they were tortuerd for information. However in today's battle I learned that the knight fights like lightning in the form of human, his speed and skills are both unmatched. His small height and petite figure gives him the advantage of free movement and flexibility with weapons. My sole concern for your safety was the reason that I stopped you from engaging him in battle."

"So are you saying that he can best me? Is that why you stopped me?" I speak smoothly, but even though I'm not shouting, it's clear that he knows of my anger. I can see it in the slight trembling of his fingers and the small pause before he answers.

"No your highness I stopped you so that we may discuss a proper strategy for attack before you engage him. My faith in you could never waver, your highness."

"Well, here is a proper strategy of attack, we will scout them tonight and find out who exactly this knight is. And we will also see their exact strength." I say, my mind already calculating the actions to be taken if this scout is to completed successfully.

"Yes your highness, I'll send our best scouts to their tents immediately."

"I think you misunderstood me, Kirigan. I said we will go and scout them." I say with a smirk.

_______________________________________________________

Since this was only the prologue, I kept it short and only introduced one character. However, the rest of the chapters will be quite long and regular. I'll  try to post one chapter in two weeks, because I also have college and a life.

Hope you enjoyed this and that you'll want to read more. If you want me to improve, do let me know in the comments.

my Instagram Id:-   there will be announcements on my instagram so do follow to remain updated.

LOVE YOU ALL❤❤