MEMORIES & MOMENTS (PART2)

I stand right there, frozen in time and my mouth agape in horror as silent tears flow down my cheeks, Kirigan takes his hand off of my mouth, but I don't physically feel it.

I feel as if the world has stopped spinning, the wind has stopped howling, the water has stopped flowing. Nothing is real.

This is a dream.

This is a nightmare.

It has to be!

It could NOT be real. Mother could not be dead, and Amara-

And just like that the numbness goes away from my body and brain. I come back into action and run forward lest Kirigan catches me again.

But as I run past himl, his dagger cuts into my forearm and I tear myself on it, drawing blood. I t flows down my arm as I run forward.

Amara, I had to find her. She must be so afraid right now.

"Hensley" I croak out from my parched throat. It hurts to even speak.

But I focus on the only task ahead of me. I had to find Amara. I have to find my baby sister.

Hensley is kneeling with his left knee on the ground and his right fist placed over his heart, with respect and grief, but from the shaking of his shoulder I know that he is crying silently.

I don't know what to do in this moment, I've never seen Hensley cry before.

Happy, Angry, Frustrated, Confused and Sad even, but I've never seen him crying.

I stop a few steps behind him, but he must've heard me calling because he turns around and stands up. He takes a few steps towards me and falls down onto his knees with his head hung in guilt and regret.

"I'm sorry princess" He says with a broken voice.

"Hensley you can not do this." I say while barely controlling my own tears.

"You can not break like this, not right now.

We need to find Amara, she must be scared right now." I say, wiping my tears away.

We needed to NOT be weak right now.

We needed to find Amara first, and the rest we'll figure out one by one.

I hear rustling behind me and turn around to see Kirigan walk out of the bushes, but in the blink of an eye Hensley is on him with his hands around his throat and a dagger right above his heart.

"I TRUSTED YOU!" He shouts right into Kirigan's face.

"HOW COULD YOU THIS ALEX!?" 

Alex? Since when did Hensley and Kirigan start calling each other with nick names?

"You know I didn't do it Drys." Kirigan says as calmly as a man can with a dagger to his heart.

"Think calmly Drys, you know I would never ever do something like this." Kirigan says in barely above a whisper.

Hensley looks at him with angry and tearful eyes, and then suddenly lets go of him.

"We are leaving, when your king wakes up - " He says with a spit at which Kirigan's face shows hurt, even if it's just for a minute. 

"Tell him that even though you tried a lot, you could not stop the wrath of the Deusa Maiara, and that we all ran away without our princess. He thinks he killed Amara, and has no idea about Leala.

Let it be that way, let him think that everything is in his favour, let him think he won.

Because when the original Hawthorne sisters that the prophecy predicted about come back, He won't know what hit him." Hensley says with a stone cold face.