NIGHTMARES & REALITIES

Author's note:- Shadowfen is ruled by King Mortimer, his son is Louis Mortimer.

Casmere is ruled by King Ashleigh, his Daughter is the lead protagonist, Princess Leala.

These two kingdoms are at war right now.

__________

Louis POV:-

I walk behind two of my soldiers with Kirigan right behind me and two more soldiers covering our back. I'm not willing to leave this hunt for such important information in the clearly incompetent hands of my general.

Once we reach their tents I swiftly kill all three patrolling guards with my daggers one by one, and my soldiers hide their body. We are already wearing the enemy armour as we enter their tents and avoid eye contact with anyone.

I start my quest to find any information on the knight and Kirigan and I separate from each other to avoid suspicion. Two of my soldiers follow me in an unsuspectible manner, while the other two follow Kirigan.

I soon come across the tent where every injured soldier is being healed, I was about to head the other way when I notice that a woman seems to be incharge of this area. Everyone is asking her for instruction and her orders are being followed without any questions.

It was strange that Casmere would allow a girl to heal their injured. Women weren't generally allowed wherever war is involved. In my kingdom she would have been executed already for even daring to raise her voice in the presence of so many superior men, let alone trying to order them around.

"Soon enough this kingodm will be mine," I tell myself "and then I will teach these people the rightful place of a woman" that is when I notice that she was not the only girl.

I was baffled to realize that many of the injured were women, meaning that they had fought in today's battle. I didn't know what to make of the information that Ashleigh's army had both men and women in it. I tuck the information away for now, and focus on finding the knight.

I was about to turn around in search for the knight's tent, when I hear one of the worker speaking to the girl,

"You should go and rest too, princess. You must be tired after such a long day." He said, and his tone was caring as if he was talking to a friend and not with the infamous princess of Casmere.

I stop in my track, because it was one thing to allow women into war, but to let your princess work with the slaves to heal the injured was a disgrace on Ashliegh.

It was universal knowledge that when a girl is born in a royal family, she is nothing more than a token for peace, to be gifted to some king when she is of appropriate age.

However I also knew that princess Ashleigh was so guarded that even her name was unkown to many foreign kingdoms. I knew nothing about her except for right now looking at her silhoutte from behind that she was too tall for a woman, but her figure looked exquisite. Her waist was perfecly squeezed in the right place, and she wasn't even wearing a corset. That was also something that I did not like, that she was wearing a tunic and pants, a princess must always maintain her dignity, not roam around like a wannabe man, and that was exactly what she was doing.

"I'm fine Henry, what I need to do is to help you and all these people, or else I won't be able to sleep peacefully." She said.

"But you've already done more than enough for us princess. Even your presence here means a lot to us." The worker said.

"Are you sure there is nothing I can do to help?" She asks.

"No princess, we have more than enough helper's here. However if it won't be much trouble to you, will you take this potion to Lord Hensley's tent?" He asks while handing her a bowl.