Chapter 5 - Festival of Fools

As music started to play, everyone knew that the beginning of the Festival of Fools was close at hand. People began to gather in the square, unaware of Quasimodo and (Y/N) as they climbed down the sides of the cathedral, Quasimodo making sure his sister didn't fall. 

He had put on his cloak, just as his sister had suggested, which covered up his face perfectly. As for (Y/N), she wore a black mask that covered the top half of her face while wearing a colourful yellow, black and red festival dress. They both would blend in with the crowd and go undetected by Frollo.

🎵Crowd: "Come one! Come all! Leave your looms and milking stools! Coop the hens and pen the mules!"

The two siblings looked above them, seeing their gargoyle friends waving them off. They smiled at them, waving back as they continued their way down.

🎵Crowd: "Come one! Come all! Close the churches and the schools! It's the day for breaking rules!"

Quasimodo grabbed onto a garland of flags before wrapping his other arm around (Y/N), sliding them down from the cathedral and over to a pole on the ground. They smiled at one another when the rope loosened, sending them swinging right in the middle of the crowd.

🎵Crowd: "Come and join the Feast...of..."

🎵Clopin: "Fools!"

Clopin slid through the crowd, colourful confetti and streamers being thrown in the air and, with that, the festival was officially kicked into high gear. The siblings tried to duck away but (Y/N) yelped as Clopin grabbed hold of Quasimodo's arm, dancing around with him.

🎵Clopin: "Once a year we throw a party here in town!"

(Y/N) raced over and pulled her brother away, both ready to make a break for it once again. Neither of them got very far as Clopin then decided to grab (Y/N)'s arm, twirling her around like a ballerina before running off elsewhere.

🎵Clopin: "Once a year we turn all Paris upside down! Every man's a king and every king's a clown!"

(Y/N) soon stopped twirling, dizzy from her frantic movements. Luckily her brother was there to catch and steady her just as a man in a king costume did a flip, landing on the other side, to reveal a jester outfit underneath.

🎵Clopin: "Once again, it's Topsy-Turvy day!"

Clopin noticed the siblings running off in one direction, smirking as he quickly followed after them. He found them trying to hide behind a bunch of devil-faced balloons. Clopin simply cut the strings holding them down, making them float away and forcing the siblings to try and find another hiding place.