Chapter 4- The Adoption

"Speaking"

'Thoughts'

"Spells"

*Parseltongue*

There were not many things that could shock Asmodeus, being an ancient ex-deity and an extremely powerful Sin, he had seen and experienced many many things. However, getting woken up from a perfectly nice dream by his god-niece opening a portal right in the middle of his bedroom and nearly giving him a heart attack was new, not least because she shouldn't have been able to portal into his mansion, Hell no-one should have been able to enter the building by any means without his explicit permission! Fucking Goetias, sneaking into places they shouldn't be able to...

When she had been born, he had been slightly conflicted on what to do, even though Stolas was his second cousin, they had never had a close relationship, he didn't tend to involve himself with people of lesser power than himself, mostly for personal reasons but also a tiny bit because of the snobbery he was surrounded by all the literal fucking time! He loathed it but also revelled in it enough to keep doing it. So he had been set to mostly ignore the little owl, it was a tactic that worked well with most people, her father included..

But all his plans went out the window when he met her in person for the first time when she was 4 months old, the sheer amount of demonic power she wielded was insane! He grudgingly admitted that her father was powerful, but this tiny girl had nearly as much demonic power as Stolas did and she wasn't even one yet! Of course it was wild, uncontrolled and hard to handle, fairly obvious as she was still a baby and had never been trained before. He decided then and there that he would train her when she came of age, and as much as he could beforehand, it would indeed be a shame if the girl with the potential to be one of Hell's greatest warriors was poorly trained in the arts of war and desire after all...

He broke out of his thoughts to study her, she looked slightly worried, yet masked it in enough confidence to almost fool him

"Via, How are you? Have you finally decided to learn the arts of romance and seduction? A rather .. odd hour to choose, but I can work with it"

"Uncle Asmodeus, it is literally 3 in the afternoon , just because you work on 'show schedule' doesn't mean the rest of us do, now does it? And anyway, no. I'm not here to seduce or to be seduced, I need a favour" she said seriously, worrying the Sin slightly as his quirky owl god-niece was rarely serious

"Whatever could you want from me? I'm only the deity of Lust after all, and seeing as you obviously have no interest in that...?"

"Don't fish for compliments uncle, it doesn't suit you. You know full well you're one of the most powerful Sins, after all who could resist lust? But no. I need you to pull rank with dad and his imp....Maybe one or two others as well."

For once, Asmodeus was stumped. He had no clue what he was meant to do, being rather unaccustomed to 'pulling rank' as she had said, so he queried

" what, exactly do you need me to do?"

"Ah.. well, here we have the tricky bit." She stated "you see, the imp my dad likes is in a bit of a situation, his employees have brought back a kid from the human realm-"

She could get no further over the sound of Asmodeus spluttering loudly, she braced herself for the obvious rant that must surely happen

"He-he did WHAT???? I- Words fail me." They obviously didn't as he continued " Do they have any idea- wait... an alive kid?? That shouldn't be possible unless- no. How on earth did they manage such a thing? Any mortal human brought to Hell should die before passing through the gateways or portals! (A/n I know in canon a kid is brought through alive but let's just pretend it didn't happen ) They didn't use any particular rituals to return did they?" He asked confusedly