03.

-"neela, i have no reason to talk to sean

-"neela, i have no reason to talk to sean. if you're so worried about him then go talk to him yourself." ariana huffed, wiping the grease on her fingers on an old rag. putting the wrench on the stool beside her. neela sat on a chair, her legs rested on that same stool.

this scenario wasn't out of the ordinary for them. the girls spent many of their time after school on han's garage. ariana under the hood of the car and neela sitting beside the car.

-"ari, you know i can't do that. takashi will freak out, he'll do something to him." neela pleaded, dramatically flipping the pages of a magazine she found on the floor.

-"please don't use takashi as an excuse for me to pity you, it's not going to work. if i cared about sean, maybe i would talk to him. but i don't. he's no different from any other guy that has tried to snake their way into this world. you clearly for some reason, care." ariana said accentuated the last part, rolling her eyes at her best friend. brushing a few loose strands of hair behind her ears.

-"i just feel sorry for the kid, he's a gaijin." neela said, grabbing a beer from the cooler beside her seat. offering one to ariana.

-"come on, neela. don't be ignorant. you're a gaijin, i'm a gaijin. just because we belong to this scene, doesn't mean we aren't. you are literally australian, and i'm from california." ariana said grabbing the beer from her hand, sitting on the couch beside her.

-"listen, just forget about it. forget about him." ariana said, taking the magazine from her lap. neela shifted her attention to her ringing phone, grabbing it and bringing it to her ear before answering it.

neela didn't bother talking back to her caller, just stood up grabbing the keys to her car. she walked over to the open hood, slamming it close.

-"you're right, forget about him." neela said, smiling at ariana. ariana gave her a tight-lipped smile.

-"takashi wants to see us, get dressed. you look disguting." neela said laughing. ariana pretended to be offended, letting her hair down.

-"i may look disgusting but your car has never run smoother, we should work on the paint next time." ariana voice faded as she made her way to han's office, changing her clothes.

-"i'm not ready to get rid of the blue yet, maybe some other time." neela said starting her car.

...

like a moth drawn to a flame, sean's eye caught the two the girls. they walked with their arms interlaced, laughing while the wind blew through their hair.

-"they look like they belong in a commercial." sean thought.

neela was the first to notice him. nudging ariana with her shoulder to get her attention, before pointing at sean. sean smiled at the girls before putting public phone down.

-"you girls really need to stop following me around." sean said.

-"you wish we were following you around, cowboy." ariana said, earning a chuckle from sean and neela.