10.

ariana noticed the shift in the atmosphere

ariana noticed the shift in the atmosphere. it would have been foolish of her to ignore it but no one else seemed to acknowledge it. she embraced neela in a hug, rubbing her hands along her back. she backed away when she felt wet patches on her shirt, brushing away neela's tears.

-"what did he do?" ariana almost whispered. as if she was scared of what the outcome would be. she felt han's presence behind her, sadly it couldn't calm her nerves. takashi was reckless and stupid, but he would never do anything to hurt neela or herself, or that's what she thought.

-"i don't want to see him anymore and you shouldn't either." neela said pulling her jacket tighter, with her head down. neela stepped closer to ariana. hesitating before speaking again.

-"i don't know who he is anymore." sean pulled neela to him guiding her up the stairs. ariana didn't move. she knew something was wrong, she felt it in her bones. she also knew she wanted to get the answer to her question, but she knew better than to push neela. han grabbed her hand, turning her around. he analyzed the expression on her faced. she was thinking, hard.

-"what is it? talk to me?" han said pulling her out of the trance. placing a hand on her hip, keeping her close.

-"i think he knows, han. takashi, knows." ariana locked eyes with han, tucking lose strands of hair behind her ears. han looked at her confused. how could he know? han has been under his nose this entire time, he wasn't going to get caught now.

-"listen to me, he doesn't know anything. you don't know what happened, don't assume anything. you're safe and im safe." han said attempting to calm her nerves without telling her to stop being so paranoid.

-"we'll get neela the room she needs, she'll be okay. now, i'll finish with this car and im all yours, okay?" han persuade ariana. she let her tense shoulder drop, trying not to crack a smile at the sight of his. she sighed.

-"fine." ariana cave in, putting her hair in a ponytail and following han. han stood beneath the elevated car, opening the toolbox in the table in front of him.

...

ariana was familiar with foreshadowing, but she didn't enjoy it. she didn't like knowing what could happen but not have the ability to change it. she didn't like spoilers, she preferred to find everything out for herself.

barely thirty minutes had pass since han started working on the car. she contemplated talking to neela but she seemed to be more interested in sean and she understood. ariana went to han's room and changed to her casual clothes since she wasn't going to bed anytime soon. couple minutes later she stood underneath the hood of the car next to him, observing the work.

neither of them minded the comfortable silence, han was focused and ariana admired his work.

-"are you busy tomorrow night? my friend shego is hosting a race on the high side, some crazy shit. do you want to come with me?" han asked. it obviously wasn't the first time she hanged out with him. but it felt like it. her heart began racing and the butterflies in her stomach wouldn't calm down.