THE ELFIN VISITOR - CHAPTER THREE

I don't have to ask how I would be taking responsibility. I already know what he wants from me, but he isn't going to it, not now or ever. He will have to tie me down in order to ever get a drop of my blood.

    I clamp my hands over both sides of my neck, snapping, "You have plenty of money to throw around. Go and buy yourself some more clothes."

    Dorian chuckles, shaking his head from side to side, "Humans are always so quick to jump to conclusions."

    "Don't give yourself too much credit. I would never drink from you, even if I was starving, stupid human."

    "What I want is..." He starts but is interrupted by a door creaking open.

Callon comes through the door, growing visibly shaken by the sight of Dorian in the tub with me. A bit of a red haze colors his pale cheeks as he averts his gaze from the two of us.

    "I apologize for the intrusion," Callon says, staring at his reflection in the mirror as if it was the first time he had seen it in his life, "But there's trouble at the border, and we're in need of your assistance, Master Dorian."

    "Who is it this time?"

    "The elves," Callon sighs. "They're claiming we trespassed over their territory."

    "Those little hedge-borns are a pain," Dorian spits out, dropping his air of royalty to earn a more beastly air to him. "Leave, I'll be there to take care of them soon."

    Before closing the door, Callon bows, letting his gaze linger on me for a tad bit. Immediately, Dorian moves in front of me, covering my body with his large build. This was the first time I ever saw the gentlemanly side come out in this vampire. I thought it was nonexistent, but I guess I was wrong. The water spills off of him as he stands up in the tub and steps out.

    "Do not leave this room without a servant by your side," Dorian tells me while he dries himself off with a towel. "It would be troublesome if you attracted the attention of any other vampires."

    "I'm not a child. I can take care of myself," I scowl, not wanting to be viewed as a weakling.

    "In this place, you're a bunny among thousands of foxes. You'll become someone's dinner in no time," He bluntly states as he walks out the door.

    I have a tendency to be stubborn, but I'm dumb enough not to heed Dorian's warning. Reluctantly, I rise from where I sat in the tub. Redness blossoms across my cheeks as I look down at my body. It is only now that I realize that Dorian had just taken a dip in the tub with me while I was butt-naked! Oh my gosh, he could have seen everything! The water is translucent, for crying out loud.

    "How could I have been so careless?" I groan. "There's no way I'll be able to face him again!"

    Quickly, I get myself out of the tub, wrapping a towel around my body. I've already had one guy too many see my whole body while I was lazing around in the tub. When that servant comes in, it would be best if I didn't give them something to look at as well. I set my hands on the vanity sink, looking into the mirror Callon was so focused on earlier. It has a perfect view of the tub in the background. That means only one thing. He wasn't staring at his reflection! Damn it, he was staring at me!

    "These vampires are all such perverts!" I shout out in frustration.

I slid my attention over to a person who suddenly appeared in the reflection behind me. Immediately, I jumped back. Their sudden arrival was quite startling, as I didn't hear the door being opened or closed, or the sound of footsteps on the floor. Standing before me is the small girl servant that I had thrown the dagger at. Now that I'm actually able to get a good look at her, she is very adorable, even though her freakishly red eyes give me the chills.