8) Alcohol

Some more pokes, pinches, pulls, and brushes later, Uttara stood against the wall, posing for the pictures

Some more pokes, pinches, pulls, and brushes later, Uttara stood against the wall, posing for the pictures. Her hair was set back, her makeup done to utter perfection, and the right amount of skin showing leaving a lot and so much less for imagination.

The rich grey velvet caressed her skin like a lover, soft sizzling, and unnerving.

She tipped her chin up, earning approving grunts from the photographer who kept clicking her. A shoulder dip and the mischievous smile resting on her face were enough of a tease.

Burying fingers in her soft waves, she averted her gaze from the camera and bent a little to give a peek of her chest, almost seducing.

"That's perfect" Her friend, the photographer, Akshay cheered. "One last time, Queen. You got this."

She laughed at the name and gave a light smile, showing off her back with confidence radiating her frame.

"And, we are done. You'll have enough pictures to set the media on flame." Her manager gushed excitedly.

"Thank you. All your efforts make me speechless with gratitude." She smiled at her team of designers, make-up artists, her manager, and crew who assisted her in pulling up this small shoot before she grazed the red carpet for the Annual film awards.

"You look gorgeous, Uttara." She grinned earning another compliment for the evening.

"Dhruv, can you check on Mr. Doctor? It is almost time." Akshay requested the designer who was supposed to make Vidyut's look match the standard of B-town. "You sure we cannot him to pose for a picture or two? Your man is a total snack."

"It depends on how you charm him." Uttara giggled shrugging. "My husband is unpredictable."

"A man after my heart." Akshay swooned making her laugh harder.

"He is ready, just a minute," Dhruv informed with a proud smile. "I swear girl, you hit a jackpot with that man. He is a natural."

She blushed at the comment, eyes waiting to see him walk out of the hotel room she rented for the night.

Vidyut didn't like strangers in their home and she wished to comply with his likes, renting a suit for them to get ready tonight and her photoshoot which they completed in the open area of the hotel.

Two shots with one arrow.

"You will get all things packed and deliver to our place, right?" She asked her manager who assured her again.

She was lucky to have Nitya in her team, the girl was highly efficient, though uptight and bossy but a darling to her.

"Now you focus on your award ceremony. Be confident and be the second last one to leave that after-party. We need you to be seen as a star for those producers and directors to know about your presence. We need to put you out there now that you are out of that scandal and married. I want them to see you as a bright name no matter what." Nitya instructed her, her words only for her ears. "You need projects and commercials to keep kicking. I do not want one scandal to tatter your career. This event is very important, Uttara. I want no mess."