35) Sunrise

"The fans have started forming the links and a sensational debate has taken over the subject of the scandalous pictures released some hours back

"The fans have started forming the links and a sensational debate has taken over the subject of the scandalous pictures released some hours back. The pictures are from The Redstart Film Awards held last year. The peacock trail gown encased by Uttara made an uproar not long before and fans are quick to remember it. Now the point here is did she cheat on Dr. Chauhan or the Kabir star-Rocky by marrying another man within 48 hours? This news made existence when Uttara Sinha was nominated for the national award just this week. We can deduce this to be a well-plotted revenge or a bad PR activity. I'm sure the rising star could lose her entire career over this very piece of news. The social media platforms have been flooding with different hashtags trending in the country, making the Amor star the most searched name in the last 5 hours. We are also receiving intel from our agents..."

"Would you stop listening to them?"

Vidyut snatched the tablet out of her hands, brushing his palms against her ice-cold fingers as they stayed in her lap with her face stoic while her eyes refrained from moving. They stared into the dark winter night, unmoving, sitting upright like a statue.

He stared at her, trying to read her emotions, even those she didn't let out completely. She had ignored her continuously ringing phone, neither reacting to the muffled profanities he couldn't hold back. She sat through the rapid turns he took to not lose control entirely, waiting patiently in the car as they drove off to their place.

Their car was engulfed with heavy silence laced with confusion. 

The kind that rings through your bones, the kind that quiets the voice inside of you that tells you that there is no good left anymore, or the one where the world could be falling behind but never a flinch passes through you. The kind of moment that takes your breath away. The kind of moments that change you.

And, Vidyut was apprehensive of these changes.

It was these moments that flipped lives and eroded destinies. There was one such silence he witnessed at that tender age which changed his life, his existence. He would never wish to bring up the same fate on her.

Uttara was a major part of his life. Somehow, this girl had become the axis his world revolved around and a mere imagination of losing his axis sent his world crashing down like a Jenga tower.

"Tara." He called her name in the hope of her breaking this suffocating hold around them. His fingers clutched the gear while he waited for her to stop with a bated breath.

The soft hum from her made him release the pressure and she blinked after the longest period.

"Nitya has been calling you." His eyes flitted to her discarded phone kept on the dashboard. "She must be going ballistic. Do you not want to answer?"

"No." She quipped without another thought and the silence stretched.

"I will get Shreya into clearing this mess. Believe me, it will all be over in an hour max." He said, not willing to elongate the pause. He needed to hear her speak before the drive ended, not that a lot was left.