27) Lunch

Blinking ever so slightly, Anirudh adjusted to the protruding lights escaping between the thick curtains that covered the balcony door

Blinking ever so slightly, Anirudh adjusted to the protruding lights escaping between the thick curtains that covered the balcony door. He groaned inaudibly realizing that he left it open yesterday night and moved, only to be pulled back because of an external weight on him. He turned to find a presence holding on his arm, restricting his movements. He squinted his gaze taking in the angelic face of his wife who was lost in her world of sleep peacefully using his arm as her pillow and snuggling into the cocoon of the comforters they were using separately until last night. He remembers watching her sleep on her side of the bed, wrapped in the warmth as he lowered the temperature to fight the humidity.

Almost every night, he flicked through temperatures to find the one they both could compromise on. Dhwani preferred warm nights while he could hardly sleep until the room was ice cold. Tucking the comforters around her, he pulled only for her to clutch on his arm and yank him back.

He watched her in amazement at the recent show of strength and wondered if she was the same girl struggling with the closet sliders yesterday. Huffing and panting to close the stuck doors and gave up almost instantly with glares and complaints shot his way.

He shook his head in amusement watching her roll on his side of the bed, pulling his comforter on her while she held on to hers, wrapping them in the warmth together as she slept off with signs of relief on her face. He stealthily moved away from her to not fall, avoiding any sounds that could wake her up as he watched her scowl, twisting and turning to find a comfortable position again as she took over their bed. He chuckled silently and laid back adjusting to the narrow space, supporting his head on his palm with his elbow bearing the entire weight. His free palm moved to her face, knuckles pushing her hair strands back, and smiling as a deep frown laced her face because of disturbance. She raised her hand to swat the object of disturbance which he was quick to retract.

Killing the urge to irritate her sleepy self some more, he stepped out of bed and changed the temperature back to normal to prevent her from suffocating inside the comforters.

Pushing his hair back, he made his way towards the washroom and got done with his morning business. While selecting clothes, he pursed his lips and peeked inside her closet.

Smirking he gazed at her selected outfit for the day. It was a bright blue halter-neck kurta with straight pants of the same shade and a white shawl that she had tied around the neck of the hanger.

"Nice color choices, Petal." He smirked in mischief and selected a black suit with a baby blue shirt and black silk tie for him. Taking his sweet time, he set his hair and wore the shirt while attending to his blaring phone.

"Good morning, Johnathan." Anirudh greeted him with distaste as he anticipated the boring conversation that was going to follow for the next 20 minutes.

The door to the closet clicked open and his lips halted from speaking anymore, he stretched his neck to make out the head that would be peaking inside. Catching her sleepy stature, he bit his gums to bite back the rebellious grin, continuing with the call as she stepped inside and passed him a squinted eye glare for his blue shirt before picking up her clothes and entering the bathroom through the connected door.