41) Chase

"Do you think I made a grave mistake?"

"If you run to her the moment we reach Mumbai, I think you may have some chances to make up with her."

And running he was.

He skipped steps, slipping on the iron stairs and pushing past a baffled Vidyut who tried to make sense of the situation. Anirudh was moving at the speed of air, not waiting, untapped, and continuously escaping the clutches if any. He ran through the tarmac letting the cold air slap him and let the alcohol wash off from his system, passing the security personnel and gates that seemed like a hurdle to him. A wall between him and his petal.

He jumped through the barricades trying to dodge the policemen who secured the exit of this private airport towards the waiting sedan but only to be caught by his bodyguard Hyde. The bulky man restrained his attempts his efforts to move past them.

"Let go of me, Hyde. That is an order damnit." He struggled in his hold, two more guards joined his force and they all together held back the man who wanted nothing but to run towards his wife.

"Where do you think you are going, Boss?" Hyde shot pushing Anirudh back from leaving the place. "You are drunk. You cannot drive alone. You need me to take you there."

Anirudh exhaled and brushed a hand through his ruffled hair. He blinked for a good second before nodding and hurrying towards the shotgun of the car. "Hurry. I need...to reach her quick."

A curt nod towards them and the car was on the roads, pulling up adjacent to fellow travelers and surpassing them. They broke a little too many rules in that 55 minutes that he sat fidgeting with his phone, unrestrained panic coursed through his veins as he kept dialing her number which went unreachable.

His family was clueless until he sprouted the truth of this night.

"Anirudh, are you in your senses? What do you mean by Dhwani is inside?" Rashi questioned through the phone.

"Mom...Dishant called." He answered biting his lower lip. "She was there, inside, and lastly seen in her office. She did...not leave. She may...be inside. I don't know any...more. What if she...is trapped?"

"Stop speaking nonsense." She cut his thoughts off. "Nothing will happen to her. She must have been in the traffic. She told me she was leaving. She called...how can she still be there?"

"Stop thinking the worst you both." Harshvardhan snatched the phone from his wife. "You, Anirudh listen to me. Reach the site, we are coming there too. Dhwani must be there. And she is fine. I know my daughter, she must be helping the kids and calming them. If she is there, she must be protecting those kids. Do you hear me? She is safe."

"Y...yes, dad." He dropped Hyde's cell phone in the console, picked a water bottle, and threw some on his face he wiped the last traces of alcohol from his face. "How much long, Hyde?"