2. Jay

Notes: Okay, I have to vent again, cause I've had the worst week.

First, I get a call from my boyfriend at 4 am on Monday, that he was in a car crash! He had dodged some animal and drove into a ditch! Gladly, he only fractured two of his vertebra. Otherwise he survived with just some bruises and cuts.

Second, I was supposed to have my driver's test on Thursday. Well, I woke up to my phone ringing, again... I picked it up and it was the driving school. And they said "I'm sorry, but we have to cancel your driver's test , because all our teachers are occupied or on holiday." WHAT! Of course, I said that "Yeah, I understand" and "Yeah, it's okay." Then I asked, when's the next available time to do the test. They said "Unfortunately the next possible date is 27.7" TWO WEEKS. I HAVE TO WAIT FOR TWO EXTRA WEEKS. Again, I was like "Yeah, okay, great." But right after I ended that call, I screamed into my pillow and cried myself to sleep :)

So yeah, it's been a pretty shitty week. But today I'm celebrating my birthday w my friends, so I'm in a better mood. Anyway, here's the chapter. (Sorry for the rant.) Enjoy!

Words: 1503

We fast forwarded the tape some more, cause it was just Jay playing. Then suddenly the arcade cabinet opened and Jay walked in! Like into a portal! The cabinet door closed up and a few minutes later, the rest of us walked into this room. "Where the hell did Jay go?" Nya asked. "He... he never came out." Cole realized as he stared at the cabinet. "I'm starting to think this is no ordinary game..." Kai said. "That thing took Jay!" Nya said, slight panic in her voice. "Maybe to find Jay, we have to play the game?" Cole proposed. "That would be exceedingly dangerous. Whatever happened to Jay would most likely happen to us." Zane explained. "We can't take that chance. Not until we know what we're dealing with. We need answers." Lloyd ordered. "From who?" Kai asked. "How about we try the Mechanic in the morning? I could also meditate on Jay or on this Unagami person. I do need to sleep a few hours first..." I proposed. "Good idea, let's call it for the night and head home. Don't worry Nya, I'm sure Jay can handle himself for a few hours." Lloyd agreed and comforted Nya. "Yeah, we'll just make rash decisions if we're sleepy." Cole added. "Can we have the team together for at least two adventures!" Nya said out of frustration.

We left the arcade and headed to the Monastery. I woke up at 6 am for my morning meditation. I could say my life looks a lot different to my old one. I wake up at 6 am every morning and meditate for half an hour. It's to keep my own demons under control and to strengthen my growing skills. After we left the Never Realm, I have gotten better. My physical health is almost at what it was. Not completely of course. I still don't like jumping from a tall height or carrying a large amount of weight. I also have started my healing journey... It's going to take me a long time, maybe even my whole life, but at least I have started it. Also my vision powers have gotten better. I can meditate on a certain person and I can feel feelings attached to that person's aura and sometimes I even see flashes of their life! I'm working on my skills a lot to get better. I'm still not able to see complete visions of someone, but Wu says I'll get there if I'm patient. Then another thing. I'm kind of struggling with my place in the team. I feel like the cuckoo cousin of the family that believes in crystals and tarot cards. But on the other hand, I kind of am that cousin. Right now I have done preventative work, like ensuring the criminals don't have an escape route or something like that. But I don't have my own "thing" and that kind of bothers me. Lloyd says that I'll find it, but how long's that going to take!

After my morning meditation I walked over to have breakfast. I found that Zane was cooking scrambled eggs and bacon, which Cole was eagerly looking forward to eating. "Morning Rumi. We're gonna go to the station at around 8, do you wanna join?" Cole asked as I sat down onto the table. "Morning. I was thinking, maybe I should stay behind and look into Jay and Unagami. You'll tell me the information you get from the Mechanic anyways." I answered. "Yeah okay. Hey." Cole whispered. I edged closer to him, signing that I was listening. "Did Lloyd finally do the 'thing'?" He whispered to me. "That was your idea?!" I answered, in my normal voice. "Shh! Yeah..." He admitted, kind of embarrassed. "No, don't be embarrassed! It was great! A normal massage is great, but the candles added, it was waayy more relaxing!" I answered. "Yeah, I know right! My ex did it to me once and it was the best. And I know how hard you work, besides your physical health." He said. "Thanks, Cole! You are a real gentleman. I do not get how you're single?" I continued. "Welp, happens to the best of us..." He answered. Zane came out of the kitchen with a pan in his hand. "You may eat now." He said as he lowered the pan onto the dining table. "Thanks Zane, that looks delicious!" I answered as I started to lift it onto my plate.

"I'll text you if something comes up. You're sure you want to stay here?" Lloyd asked me as they were leaving for the police station. "Yeah, I'm sure. I'll meditate on that Unagami person and on Jay as well. I still need complete silence and darkness for it." I answered. "Okay, if you say so. I love you." He said as he placed his hand under my jaw and pulled me into a kiss. God this man made me weak. I kissed him back gently, but with just enough pressure to leave him craving for more. "I love you too." I answered as we separated from the kiss. "Goddamn it, you drive me wild." He chuckled. I chuckled as well. After that Lloyd gave me a smirk and walked over to his motorcycle. I watched him leave. I don't know if this is a little stereotypical, but I can't help it. He looks so fucking sexy driving that thing. I giggled to myself and walked up to my room. I closed my blinds and placed my earmuffs on my ears. I lit an incense and closed my eyes. I had written the name "Unagami" on a piece of paper. I was holding it in my right fist. I let my mind wander for a while. Then I started to feel something. I felt... weird? It was a mix of betrayal and hurt, but it was all muffled. Like this person was hiding these emotions. Like it was pushing these emotions down. Then I felt a sudden splash of anger and want for revenge. It scared me a little. This feeling wasn't muffled at all, it was let loose. It spread like wildfire. It consumed my mind. Then the feeling faded away, leaving me to wander again in my mind. I opened my eyes as I felt present again. I opened my left fist and felt that the paper in my hand was in pieces. I opened my eyes and saw that the tiny paper was ripped into a million pieces. Jeez, this person is certainly angry.

I repeated the same thing with Jay. I wrote his name on a piece of paper, placed it into my right fist and closed my eyes. My mind wandered for a while again. This time I saw flashing pictures. They were all, videogames? Fistpunch, Zombiekiller, Overstory? These were all Jay's favorite games. After that I felt frightened, he was scared. But then suddenly, a spiked feeling of excitement took over. It made me want to jump up and down and scream. I could feel it in the bottom of my stomach. After that the feeling faded and I was back to wandering. I opened my eyes, once it was safe, and felt the paper in my left fist. I opened it up and found Jay's name written in pixels. This was certainly an interesting session. I checked down at my clock. 11 am already! This took me three hours!? This is the scary part of meditation, I do not know how long it will take. Sometimes, I get scared that I'll be in a vision for days or maybe even weeks. It seems scary. But Wu says someday I'll be able to control it all.

I glanced down at my phone. No messages, good. I got up and decided to go train. Maybe Pixal will spar with me. "Your defense has gotten quite good, Harumi." Pixal said as I blocked her attack, again. "Thanks, I still need to work on everything else." I answered as I tried to punch her again. My phone chimed. "Pause." I said and walked over to my phone. "We have a lead. We'll be over in 5." Lloyd's text read. "I gotta go, Pix. They got a lead and they'll come pick me up." I said to pixal as I opened the training room door and walked out. "Okay. Good luck!" She yelled behind me. I quickly jogged to my room and changed into my outfit. I had finally gotten my own "ninja" outfit as well. It wasn't a gi, cause I'm not a ninja, but I felt happy that I had a signature outfit now. It was a black leather tank top, with green seam lines. I had black pants, with leather on them. They also had green seam lines. I put on my vest over the tank top and took my dagger and placed it into my thigh holster. I only had a dagger, cause I haven't found "my weapon" yet. I put on my boots and I was ready to go. 

(Inspo pic: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/741686632396776860/)