5. Borg Tower

Notes: I have my drivers test tomorrow (try number 2) so wish me luck! Here's today's chapter, enjoy!

Words: 1542

Lloyd yawned. "What is it?" He said, in a fake sleepy voice. "Oh shit, did we wake you up?" Kai asked. "A little yeah. What is it?" Lloyd asked once again. "This feels so weird, can we just come in?" Cole asked. "No! I mean... You don't want to see my room, it's so messy right now." Lloyd answered. I tried to find a place to hide. Lloyd's closet! I quickly grabbed my shirt from the ground and quickly walked to his closet and closed the door. "Hey, I've been in Kai's room. It's probably not that bad." Cole said. "Hey!" Kai exclaimed. "Can you just tell me what it is about?" Lloyd asked, again. "Well we brought the arcade cabinet to Borg. And after that we went to get the nail set you wanted, but-" Kai explained. "Hey, hey! Why don't I just come into the hallway!" Lloyd suddenly interrupted Kai. Nail set? Was that for me? "Uhh, sure dude." Cole said. I saw Lloyd getting up and walking to the shoji and opening it. "Can we keep our voices down? Nya's probably trying to sleep and we do not want to wake her up." Lloyd asked. "Yeah sure." Cole said. After that I only heard whispering, but couldn't make sensible words out of it. Did he buy a nail set for me? He's so goddamn sweet. After a while Lloyd came back to the room. I silently excited the closet and looked up at him. I decided not to mention the nail set, for now. "I'll go to sleep now." I said, looking up at him. "Okay, princess." He said, placing his left hand on my cheek. "I love that nickname." I chuckled. "I love you." He said and kissed me gently. "And I love you." I answered and kissed him again.

The next day we were walking into the Borg tower. Pixal was also with us, probably because Borg is apparently her dad? I have never been here, so this was very exciting for me. The lobby was beautiful, very modern. It had two elevators at the end of it, and that was where we we're going. "I really hope Cyrus Borg has figured out what's going on with that game." Lloyd hoped as we stepped inside the elevator. Once the elevator started moving, I didn't even notice it. It was so subtle, but so fast as well! We climbed 100 floors in 10 minutes! "Welcome to floor 100" An automated female voice said. The elevator doors opened, and I saw the genius millionaire right in front of me! "Ah, ninja! Your little game has kept me quite busy." He said as we walked out of the elevator. I was trying very hard not to freak out. "What have you discovered?" Nya asked as we walked closer to Borg. "A new appreciation for the designer, Milton Dyer." Borg laughed and turned around with his wheelchair. His office was filled with electronics. It was a very stereotypical genius lab. "He designed a pretty killer security system on Dyer island, too." Kai said. "M-more impressive than m-mine?" Borg suddenly stammered. "Do you have robot dogs?" Kai asked. "Because he had robot dogs!" He continued. Borg coughed and cleared his voice.

He showed us the cabinet. "I've run diagnostics on the cabinet and this game is far more complex than anything I've ever seen! Even more than my ill-fated Digiverse. It's a virtual world, made up of different zones, inside the game!" Borg explained. First question, what the hell is Digiverse, cause it sounds awesome. "So Jay's in one of those zones?" Nya asked. "Not just Jay. The game's player count has exploded! Over 800 players are now trapped inside the game!" Borg explained. Me and Nya audibly gasped, when Borg said 800. That's like my old school times 4! "All the people who reached level 13 and disappeared into the cabinet!" Kai said, studying the cabinet. "The world inside, Prime Empire is controlled by Unagami." Borg said. "And Unagami is Milton Dyer." I said. "Which means there are two ways to deal with this. Find Dyer in real life and stop him or enter the game, just like Jay did, and stop Dyer's avatar, Unagami!" Borg explained. "I think we should divide up and go for both at the same time." Lloyd said. "I'm afraid Zane and Pixal cannot enter the game. The Prime Empire code is so complex, it could overwrite your programming!" Borg explained. Pixal and Zane gasped. "I like my ones and zeros just the way they are, thank you." Pixal said. "Then we'll stay here and track down Dyer in real life." Zane said. "What about my prosthetic arm?" I asked. "Your arm should be fine, I can't be 100% sure though." Borg answered. Great... "And I'm gonna reach level 13 and crack this baby wide open!" Cole said, excited.

Then Lloyd turned to look at me. "What?" I whispered. He nudged his head and we walked a little bit further from everyone. "What is it?" I asked. "I think you should stay behind, but knowing you, you probably want to come with us..." He said. Sigh, this again? "Honey, I can handle myself. Didn't you learn anything about Never-Realm?" I answered. "I know, I know, but are you sure? We don't know what's waiting for us there." He said. "Yeah, we didn't know that about Never-Realm either." I responded. "Are you 100% sure? That you're ready to face everything in there?" He asked. "With all you those guys, and you by my side? Absolutely." I answered. Then there was a sudden beeping noise. "That is the security system of the Tower!" Borg said. We all gathered to watch a large screen that Borg had in his office. Borg pressed a button and it showed the Mechanic, Ultra Violet and a bunch of other criminals in Borg's elevator! "How did the Mechanic get out of the Kryptarium?" Zane wondered. "And there's Captain Soto and Ultra Violet!" He pointed out. "They must've broken out of prison, but why did they come here?" Nya questioned. Borg pressed another button, which apparently powered the elevator down.

"Let's go fight 'em off!" Kai said. "No, wait! I'm initiating my building's defenses. It'll attack anything that moves, including you if you go down there!" Borg warned. "We gotta do something!" Lloyd said. "You must reach level 13 before those real enemies get up here!" Borg answered. We all ran over to Cole to see how he's doing. "How's it going?" I asked him. "Harder than expected, but I'll get there... I think." He answered. I watched the big screen, which showed all the criminals fighting some robots. "Did ya know, those are kind of Pixal's brothers." Kai said suddenly. "W-what?" I stuttered out. "Yeah, they have like the same basic functions, but then Zane gave Pixal half of his heart and then she had to give Zane a half of the half heart. Yeah, it was a wild ride." Kai explained. I stared at him in shock. "Rrriightt..." I just answered and shifted my gaze back to the screen. The minutes ran and the criminals got closer and closer to us. The game's sounds filled the tension filled room. "Floor 100. I said I'd be on top again." Mechanic said as they had finally reached our floor. We all got ready to face them. "I'm so close!" Cole yelled. "Yeah, well so are they!" Kai responded as they walked into the room. Ahh shit, here we go again. We all charged at each other.

I charged at a criminal. I punched his face and kicked him in the balls. I grabbed the guys' face and smashed it onto my knee. He took a couple of steps back and Kai finished him off by kicking him in the gut. He fell onto his back and was knocked out. I looked around and saw that Ultra Violet was tied up and Captain Soto was frozen. Right now Lloyd was strangling the Mechanic. "Going to great lengths just to play a video game? Why are you doing this for Unagami!" Lloyd yelled. "H-he's pressing the s-s-start button on a new r-revolution!" The Mechanic groaned out. After that he crossed his right arm across Lloyd's arms and hit him in the face with his elbow, releasing himself from Lloyd's grip. "Lloyd!" I yelled as Lloyd was hurt. The mechanic quickly grabbed Lloyd into a chokehold. "And I'll be player two, serving at his side!" He yelled. Lloyd pushed himself off the wall and fell on the mechanic. "Guys, I did it! Level 13!" Cole suddenly yelled. I ran over to Lloyd who was now on top of the mechanic. "That's great, but a little busy here!" Nya yelled as she tried to keep Ultra Violet down. "Would you like to enter Prime Empire?" the cabinet's automated voice asked. "Guys, let's go!" Cole yelled. I turned around and saw that the cabinet had opened up and was now leading to a white void. We all finished up with the criminals, knocking them out. After that we ran into the cabinet's void.