6. Prime Empire

Notes: I got my driver's license! Also, I have my very own car now! Yay! Enjoy the new chapter!

Words: 1544

Everything flashed a white color for a while, but after that I fell! I blinked my eyes as I recovered from the white bliss, I was just in. I looked up and saw Kai in front of me. I stood up and looked around me. Oh, my god. "Whoa!" Cole audibly gasped behind me. We were in the middle of a busy city street. All the buildings looked like... straight out of a game! Everyone walking around was green, purple and every single color of the rainbow! The people around us chatted, there were weird bot droid-y kind of things flying above us. "Whoa... This place is amazing..." Cole said. After that we decided to look around. There was a shop that sold katanas, floating sushi, it was amazing! "And my hand still works! Where should we start?" I asked after I tried to clench my fist. "Maybe find a way to customize our avatars? We can upgrade our look!" Cole said excitedly. "Cole, I know this Prime Empire place is like a videogame paradise for you, but our mission is to find Jay, not to get designer clothes." Nya explained. "Uhh, guys." Lloyd said, grabbing my hand and stopping. "That mission just got a little bit more complicated." Lloyd continued. I lifted my gaze to infront of us and saw a weird robot-like-thing, that had a helmet on with the Prime Empire logo on it. It suddenly multiplied into three robots! "Those guys are probably not on our side..." I said. All the people ran away, scared and suddenly we were alone on the street. The robots kept on multiplying and marching closer to us.

Then they stopped about 10 meters away from us. "Maybe this isn't as bad as it looks. Some games have tutorial assistants who meet new players and teach them how the game works." Cole said, hopefully. "Eliminate the enemies of Unagami!" They said in a robotic voice, raising their guns. "No you're right Cole. It's worse!" I said right before they started shooting us with lasers. I dodged the lasers and tried to get out of their sight. "Time to go Spinjitzu on these digital creeps! Ninja, go!" Lloyd said as they got ready to Spinjitzu. But they just! Fell flat on their faces! What the hell? "Are you okay?!" I yelled after them. The robots looked extremely confused. "Uh, does anyone know what just happened?" Nya asked. "Or didn't happen?" Lloyd continued. "Come on, Spinjitzu!" Kai grunted, spinning around. Then the robots started shooting at us again. "We need a new plan, guys!" I yelled out. "Elemental powers!" Lloyd yelled as the four got into a line and tried to shoot the robots. But, nothing came out again!? "Seriously?" Nya yelled out of frustration. The robots shot at us, so I just jumped behind a dumpster and saw that the others had done the same. "What's going on?" Nya wondered. "Not again!" Kai yelled out. "Can't I go like, two seconds, without losing my powers!" He continued. "Fight now, figure it out later!" Lloyd yelled.

We charged at the robots. There were five of them, so one for each of us. I charged at one of them, but missed my punch. What the-? I tried punching and kicking the robot, but it felt like it was doing nothing. "I- I don't get it! I feel w-weak, and s-slow!" Lloyd yelled. "It's like our hard-earned ninja skills have been deleted or-!" Nya yelled, before she was hit in the stomach. I tried to dodge the robot's attack, but it felt impossible! I felt like I was straight out of a coma again. What the hell! "Jay!" I suddenly heard Nya yell. I looked up and saw Jay kick the fuck out of the robot I was jus fighting! "Jay's over here guys!" I yelled. Then I turned around and saw... four Jays??? Seriously, what the hell did Dyer smoke when he made this game??? I quickly ran over to Lloyd. "What's going on?" I whispered to him while we watched the four Jays take out the robots. "I have no fucking clue..." He whispered back and took my hand in his. Then the four Jays came over to us. They all had like, Jay's different gis! "Friends of Jay, welcome." One of them said, shaking Lloyd's hand. Lloyd shook it, carefully. "Which one of you is the real Jay?" Nya asked. "The real Jay is in the hearts of all who live by his word." The same Jay said. "In Jay we trust." The three others said and kneeled on the ground. "We are from the 'League of Jay'." The same Jay continued. "Oohh! You're all players, and you've chosen to play as avatars of Jay!" Cole said. "Uuhhh, we're talking about Jay? Right? Like, our Jay?" Kai wondered. Suddenly we heard weird robotic beeping noises. We saw three of those drone-thingys get closer to us. "Hurry! Come with us, if you want to keep playing!" The same Jay said. They all turned around and jumped onto a fucking roof!? From the ground!?!?!? This is absolutely bonkers. "I guess, we don't have a choice." Lloyd said.

Lloyd sprinted and jumped into the same direction. Only difference, he made it only halfway to the building. "Are you okay?" I asked as we ran to him. "How did..." Lloyd wondered. "What did just!" He yelled out again. I grabbed his arm and helped him stand up. Cole examined the building. "Hmm... Maybe you have to double jump! Like in other video games to reach really tall places! Watch!" Cole explained. "Jump!" He yelled as he jumped off the ground. "Double-Jump!" He yelled as he jumped, ON THE AIR! Jesus. I know this is normal in games, but to be actually living it!? "That makes no sense!" Kai whined. The droids got closer and closer to us. "Go with it!" I yelled and tried it. I jumped off the ground and then jumped on air! IT WORKED! I noticed that the droids had started shooting us with lasers, again. "Wow! I just jumped on air!" I said, excited. "Hurry! The great Jay wills it so!" The same Jay yelled at us from another rooftop. We all followed him and double-jumped our way to keep up with them. We jumped higher and higher, the droids still following us. "I don't get it! I run all the time, but I'm... already... getting... tired!" Lloyd panted. I was feeling the same. It really felt like I was out of a coma again. "Of course you're getting tired. You're a noob." The same Jay said. "Hey!" I yelped as he insulted my boyfriend. "I mean that your stamina stats are probably quite low." He continued. "Wait. Are you saying the reason they don't have their powers is because-" I asked, but the same Jay interrupted me. "You haven't bought any skills yet. Here, see my skill tree." He said as he tapped his shoulder and a window opened that showed multiple stats.

"See? I have level 48 stamina. And I have enough points to buy another skill!" He said as he swiped the window and it switched to a different looking one. It looked like a store-type-thing. "Here. Super-back-flip-flying-kick!" He read out the skill. Suddenly he jumped back and destroyed two droids. "Seriously?! It took me months to learn that move in the real world, but in here you just say buy another skill?! Not fair!" Nya yelled out. "You know, the difference is that he only knows it in the-" I was answering, but I stopped as our route got cut off. The droids surrounded us. "There may come a day when the courage of Jays fails... but this is not the day!" The same Jay whispered under his breath. "Jay-Jago go!" All the four Jays yelled out. They attacked the drones, literally obliterating them! They just seized them out of existence! We all just stood beside each other and stared at the four replicas of our friend fighting better than any of us could. "If I didn't know better, I would say I'm going crazy." Kai said. "Should we help them?" Lloyd asked. "Yeah!" The rest of us answered confidently. Let's just say, it didn't go that... great... I hurt my hand trying to punch one of the droids, Cole flew on his butt, Lloyd hit his head, Nya got blinded by a bright light and Kai fell off the skyscraper! Wait... KAI FELL OFF THE SKYSCRAPER!

Kai yelled out in panic as he fell down to his doom. "Kai!" Lloyd yelled and tried to catch him. "I-I'm alive?" Kai's voice suddenly asked behind me. "AAHH!" I yelped and jumped back. "How am I alive? I just... I just!" Kai screamed around frantically. "OH! Duh..." He suddenly said, shrugging his shoulders. "Video game! I just re-spawned! None of this is real!" Kai explained. I just watched this guy go through at least 10 emotions in 10 seconds, and that's not even his record. I quickly jumped back as I noticed that a droid tried to shoot me. Suddenly the four Jays jumped off and all the droids followed them. Thanks, I guess? "C'mon guys. I know where to go." Nya said and ran ahead.