18. Fight for the Keytana

Notes: Here's the last chapter! Content Warning: gore-ish descriptions.

Words: 1657

My dad charged at me again. I spun away from his sword, but he turned around and struck me again! "Dad! Please! Don't do this!" I yelled at him. "You left me! You left me to die in that burning building! You abandoned me!" He yelled at me. My head was blank. Dad has never spoken to me like this before! I felt a tear roll down my cheek. He struck me again, but this time I blocked it with my knives. I rolled under his legs and got back up. He turned around and charged at me again. I quickly dodged to the right and threw my knife at him. "I'm sorry dad!" I yelled at him, now crying. I tried to block his attacks, but he was too strong! I had to... I had to hurt him! I threw my knives at him, sprinted, jumped and kicked him in the stomach, causing him to fly across the area and fall. He grunted and started coughing. Did... did I just do that? I hurt my dad... "Harumi... I don't have long. But I wanted to say... I'm sorry. I'm sorry for saying what I said. If you would still have me, I would never say anything like that again. Ever." He said, as he stood up still coughing. "Dad? Is it really you dad!" I cried, as I looked at him.

I have to test him. "Dad?" I asked. "Yes sweetie?" He said. "What was your nickname for me?" I asked him, tears rolling down my cheek. "Oh, sweetie pie, of course!" He answered confidently. No... It's not him... I dropped my head as the realization hit me. "I mean, pumpkin!" He corrected himself. No, it's not him. I watched the ground as it got wet drops of my tears. "Ruru. That's my nickname. My dad would remember that. You are not my dad!" I yelled as I wiped my tears off my face. I saw my opponent's face change. Into a mischievous grin. I charged at him, stabbing him with my knives. An intense fighting sequence broke out between us. I hit him with my knives and tried to block his sword strokes. His sword got stuck between my knives. I stared him in the eyes. He's nothing but a computer programmed liar! I let his sword go and threw my knives at him, but at the same time he pierced me with his sword. I felt the life force slip out of me... I heard a dispawning sound and then... darkness.

I giggled as Lloyd navigated us through the forest. "We are so lost!" I laughed. "No we're not! I know exactly where we are going!" Lloyd said, determined. "Just saying, the last time you were the one navigating, we accidentally ended up on the other side of Ninjago City." I rolled my eyes. "If I remember correctly, the last time you navigated, we ended up on the other side of the country!" Lloyd yelled out. I scoffed. "But you didn't say anything!" I argued. "Because you didn't want me to!" Lloyd argued back. I sighed. Silence fell on us. Then, laughter. "Okay, I'm sure we're getting close now. Just over here." Lloyd said, looking around the trees. "There!" He yelped. I looked over his shoulder and saw a clearance, where a table was set and decorated. It had a white tablecloth and was decorated with beautiful china, candles and flowers. "Harumi!" My dad yelled happily. "Oh, come here sweetie!" My mom continued. "Mom, dad!" I yelled and ran to them. I hugged them tightly. God it's been a while since I've seen them! It felt good to hug them! "The food's probably already cold, what took you so long?" My mom asked. "Oh uh... nothing." Lloyd answered. "Yeeeaaahhh, nothing." I went along and winked at Lloyd. "Well come on, sit!" My dad said.

I sat onto a chair and placed a napkin on my lap. I smiled as Lloyd sat next to me and my mom in front of me. My dad lifted a Greek Salad to the table. It looked delicious! "You're welcome." My dad said as he gave me the salad servers. "Thanks!" I said and started grabbing the salad onto my plate. "Hey honey?" My dad's voice said. I was focused on the salad, so I didn't look at him. I just hummed in response. "Can we now talk about the fact that I'm dead?" He said. "What?" I chuckled, as I placed the salad servers in the salad and lifted my head to look at my dad. I flinched at the sight of him. He had fourth degree burns all over his skin, his hair and eyebrows were burnt off. His eyes looked like they're about to fall out of their sockets. "W-what is..." I shakily stuttered. "I just think it's weird, we haven't actually discussed the fact that I'm dead!" he said. "W-why would I..." I continued to stutter as the burnt face of my father settled into my brain. "Oh, you're right honey! I had to talk about that too!" My mom said in front of me. I turned my head towards her and saw that her whole head was crushed. I could only make out her mouth, which was still in its normal place. Her bones were coming out of her skin and she had bruises everywhere. No, no, no, no, no! What's happening? "L-Lloyd I-I." I said as I turned over to look at him. But he was gone. "Don't you remember, he left?" My dad said. "What?" I said as I stared at the empty seat next to me.

"Now honey, you have to focus. You have to get over me." My mom tauntingly. "I...I am over you. I defeated the demons in my head, I... I can control my powers now! I faced my worst nightmare!" I stuttered as I stared at my hand, because I couldn't dare to look at my parents. "Oh no honey!" My dad chirped next to me. "You faced your worst fear! Not me!" My mother chuckled. "W-what?" I said. "Your worst fear was to become me! That's who you faced. A version of you, who became so bitter and angry that you killed thousands of people, just to get your way. But you are not over us. You are not over the fact that your mommy killed your daddy." My mom giggled. "N-no. I... I" I stuttered. I felt tears form in my eyes. "You can't help to bury that noise inside you, that tells you how you left me to die in that building. How you could've saved me." My dad taunted. "I'm... I'm sorry! I'm so sorry!" I sobbed as the tears started to run down my cheeks. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" I repeated.

A bright light flashed and I was standing in a weird warehouse, in front of a portal. I blinked my eyes, so I could get used to the light. Next to me, stood Lloyd. He was back to normal, back to his real self. So was I. My avatar look was gone. I looked around us and saw that Nya was next to Lloyd. Cole and Kai were on my other side. A sudden happiness took over me. "Cole, Kai! You're here!" I yelped out. I was going to run over to them, to hug them. But then I felt a snug tug on my arm. Lloyd pulled me into his arms and hugged me tightly. "I thought you wouldn't die on me again." He whispered into my neck. "Please don't die on me again. Ever. Again. I love you so much. I can't lose you. Not anymore. One was too much. But two. Please. I'm begging you, Harumi." He whispered. "Hey, hey it's okay. I'm okay. We're okay. We all are here now. And I won't do it again. I promise. I promise Lloyd." I answered as I grabbed my hands and placed them on his cheeks. "I love you, Lloyd. So much. I'll always protect you. Always." I said, looking into his tear-filled eyes. "I'll always protect you. I love you Harumi." He said, placing a kiss on my lips. "Uhm. Sorry to disturb you, but I think we should go outside." Cole said, pointing at the huge crowd of people walking outside the warehouse. I hadn't even noticed it.

"Yeah, lovebirds. Let's go." Kai said, as he walked down, joining the crowd of people. "Come on." I said, smiling at Lloyd and reaching my arm at him. He smiled timidly and grabbed my arm. He wiped his eyes with his free hand and we then walked down to the crowd. "Where are we?" Lloyd asked, as we walked outside. The outside of the warehouse looked like Ninjago, but it was partially destroyed again. Some of the buildings were smoking and the streets were full of powered out Red Visors. "What happened here?" I asked. "We're home. We're in Ninjago!" Nya said happily. I looked around and the happy realization dawned on me as well. "But... how?" Lloyd asked. We turned around to look at Nya, who was behind us. Nya shrugged her shoulders and then her face lit up. "Jay!" She yelled out and ran through us. We turned around and saw Jay, Wu, Zane and Pixal! Jay ran over to Nya, spun her around and gave her a kiss. "Master Wu!" Cole said excitedly and ran over to him. "Pixal!" I yelled and ran over to her. I hugged her steel frame. "We are so glad you are home." She said as I let go of the hug. "What happened? Did we get the Keytana? Did we win?" Kai asked suddenly. "It's a long story." Jay answered with a chuckle. "Yeah, I could eat first." Nya said. We laughed. "Where's Unagami?" Cole asked. "Where he belongs. He's home." Jay answered.