six

Alex's POV

"A-Alpha? I-It's time to get up," I heard a timid voice saying. I growled warningly, eyes still closed. Who the fuck is this girl telling to wake up?! "S-S-Sorry Alpha, it's time to go to s-s-school." She whimpered again. Oh goddamit.

I opened my eyes slowly and stared at the frightened girl who bowed before leaving quickly. You see, I'm the Alpha of the Infinite pack, the largest and strongest pack in America and possibly the whole world. Does this sound cliché? Oh well who cares what you think. Nobody tells me what to do, except for Ayla.

She's so innocent and her appearance just tempts me even more. She has a small frame, about 5'0 only and she looks so delicate and fragile, but that only makes me want to protect her. My wolf growled loudly at the thought of anyone so much as laying a finger on her.

I got up after fantasising about my princess and put on my clothes, not caring what I grabbed because I look hot in everything, anyway. No, just kidding.

Pack members bowed to me respectfully, murmuring greetings as I strolled past them and got into my car. Besides the money that came from being an Alpha of the strongest pack, I was also the heir to my father's company, one of the largest and most successful companies known everywhere.

My full name is Alexander Cole Mason. I'm surprised Ayla hasn't figured it out yet, what with Mr. Wilhem calling out my surname that day for detention.

Speaking of which, I still haven't figured out why Ayla looked so scared just because of detention. Whatever the reason is, I'm not going to be too happy with whoever it is for making my princess afraid. "Hell yes!" My wolf, James, hooted in my head. I smirked, loving that my wolf was as protective over her as I was.

Soon, I arrived at the school. I could skip school, after all, which human or werewolf would dare punish me? A wolf could be a rogue in seconds and a human could go bankrupt within days. Notice I said "could", I don't want Ayla thinking badly about me if I actually did that.

Mr. Wilhem only dared to give me detention because he was a good friend of my dad's and knew that I wouldn't hurt him. But why would I even complain about spending time with my princess?

I parked my car and smirked as I scanned the school through my sunglasses. Every female within a 10 mile radius was staring at the car intently, waiting for my usual exit. I couldn't smell Ayla's scent though, she was probably already in class.

I swung open the car door slowly, moved my foot out and slowly stepped out. I took off my sunglasses and placed them in my back pocket, stretching dramatically as the whole female population sighed at my flexed muscles. I smirked and strolled into the school as wolves bowed to me and humans stared at me in awe.

Sometimes, it's quite fascinating how everyone is afraid of me. I don't do anything to humans. I don't kill rogues without reason because I believe not all rogues pose a threat to my pack. Sometimes, after proper screening, some rogues even join the pack. The reason my pack is so powerful, is because we all trust each other a lot and we're a big family.

I entered class only to see Ayla sitting with Jasper. He was staring at her with a look of adoration on his face. Stupid human. SHE'S MINE! I restrained my wolf and myself and pulled out the seat on the other side of her roughly. Ayla's head snapped to mine and she asked nervously, "W-What's wrong?" But I was too busy glaring at Jasper, fire in my eyes. He stared straight back at me, a challenging glint in his eyes.

What. The. Fuck? Doesn't he know who I am?! His father's company is only second, after mine! How dare he?! Ayla's mine and I don't share!

Sweet Ayla asked again nervously, "A-Anything wrong?" My eyes snapped to hers and I felt myself calm down just by seeing how beautiful she was today. Her soft waist-long hair was curly at the ends and her eyes were a deep sparkling blue. Her long dark eyelashes framed her eyes perfectly, finishing off the innocent look. She was dressed in a pair of blue jeans which showed off her long legs. Suddenly I noticed something on her soft skin which shouldn't have been there.

A deep cut.

Immediately, my wolf went crazy and I let out a loud growl, feeling murderous. I'm going to kill whoever did this! Recently I've noticed that my princess has been coming to class in pain. Who in the fucking right mind would hurt such a delicate, flawless creation?!

"MINE!" I roared loudly in the pack mind link, warning everyone to back off. Immediately, the students turned to look at me, then at Ayla. She blushed, looking absolutely cute and fidgeted with her fingers on her lap. I could smell the fear on her and wondered why she was always so afraid. The first time I had met her, she looked at my muscles and was frightened. I mean, I understand awe, but not fear. I'm going to find out soon. And then I'm going to crush the person who's been hurting my precious mate.

Ayla accidentally jostled her knee against the table and she winced in pain, confirming the fact that she was hurt. "Are you alright?" I whispered, scrunching my eyebrows up. I heard Jasper ask the same thing too and I glared at him menacingly.

Ayla's reaction was super cute. She whipped her head from side to side, looking at the both of us wide-eyed, before nodding slowly. All I want for Christmas is to cuddle her and make her mine! Please, Santa?!

The bell rang and Jasper asked Ayla to go to the library with him. No way in hell, dude. I snapped a rude rejection at him and wrapped my arm gently around Ayla's tiny waist. I just had this need to be cautious around her, as if I could break her if I wasn't careful enough.

Once we got to the cafeteria, I cut the queue and guided Ayla to the ordering area. Nobody dared to breathe a word or even look at us the wrong way. Ayla glanced around and bit her lip unconsciously, obviously feeling bad. I smiled softly at how cute she was.

Probably wanting to make it quick, she ordered an apple. An apple. For lunch! No wonder she weighed so little. "No ma- girl of mine is going to eat that for lunch!" I protested, nearly using the word 'mate'.

She smiled a little and said she didn't really eat a lot. When she becomes mine, I'm so stuffing her with food.

As we walked back to a table, me abandoning my usual friends again, a few humans wolf whistled. I could feel my wolf bristle as he didn't like people lusting for our mate. "Babe, as much as I like it that people think you're hot, you're mine only." I said into her ear.

"Y-Yours?" She whispered uncertainly. I didn't reply and gave her a smirk. Of course. And soon, she would be introduced to my twin brother, Zeke. No, we don't share mates; I don't think I can handle another guy being with Ayla. But she would still share a special bond with Zeke as I had found my mate before him. She wouldn't be able to resist the mate bond with both of us and the whole pack who would need their beloved Luna soon.

"Soon enough, babe. Soon enough." I smirked in response to what she had said.

Yet again, Ayla did a cute action which made me fall for her even harder. She blew air into her cheeks innocently and didn't reply me.