seven

During chemistry class, Ms Williams paired me up with Alex and told him sternly that he had to help me with the work. But with one glare, Ms Williams hurried back to her table and didn't disturb us for the rest of the lesson.

I gaped at Alex. Who the heck is he?

"Close your mouth, princess," he smirked, leaning down and staring straight into my eyes.

"A-Alright. L-Let's work on our project," I said uncomfortably. "Is my princess nervous?" He chuckled. I blushed furiously. Squeee!! He called me his princess!

Then, i felt someone staring at me. I turned around and came face-to-face with Jasper's ahem.... private area. I froze completely.

Alex growled and pulled me into him possessively, then covered my eyes. "Keep your junk to yourself Jasper," he grumbled.

"I'm not even, like, nude!" Jasper said in a high-pitched voice which made Alex cover my ears. "Don't corrupt her innocence," Alex whined, hugging me tightly.

Jasper's jaw tightened a little but he smiled good-naturedly. "Awww, but she's mine." "No you blind fool, she's mine." Alex said back jokingly. I smiled along, thinking that this was obviously one of their get-along moments.

Then Alex's arms tightened around my waist suddenly and my eyes widened. "Hey stop you're hurting her!" Jasper said angrily. "Oh shit princess are you alright?" Alex nuzzled his head into my neck.

I stuttered a little, "Y-Yeah." I felt like a puppy with the way Alex and Jasper were smothering me.

Jasper went back to his assigned partner and Alex and I started to work on our project. It was a pretty big one, so we would have to meet outside of class time.

I bit my lip. Which days would father be in a better mood so that I would get spared? "Friday night at your house?" I asked Alex. "Okay, anything for my princess," he winked.

-

Friday night came soon. Alex brought me to his car after school. My eyes nearly popped out of their sockets. Even I knew this car. It's an extravagantly expensive one which has all the high-tech functions.

"C'mon in." Alex grinned at me, obviously proud. He opened the door for me and I felt unworthy to get into such a fancy car. I blushed as he flashed me a charming smile.

"Why does it feel like you love my car more than me?" Alex complained as if getting jealous. I giggled. He's so cute. I was half tempted to pinch his cheeks, so I did.

"Ouch! What was that for princess?" He glared mischievously at me. Somehow, I don't feel afraid of him. I feel safe, and happy. I stuck out my tongue childishly at him.

"Don't do that princess," he groaned and let his head fall against the headrest. I winced as the back of his head hit the hard material. Ouch.

"Do what?" I asked, confused. "Don't show me your tongue! I have to fucking control myself and it's so hard." Alex replied, eyes darkening.

I gulped a little. "Eyes on the road!" I called cheerfully. He rolled his eyes but smiled as he turned his attention away.

Soon, we arrived at his house. I looked out of the car window and my jaw nearly hit the ground. I was that shocked. It was a four-storey mansion, done up all fancy looking.

"I own this place, but i live here with a lot of people." Alex mentioned casually. Then, he wrapped his arm possessively around my waist and guided me to the front door. What was that for? But i don't mind. His arm was warm.

We stepped in, and immediately, loads of people stopped what they were doing and stared at Alex, then me. There was a spontaneous silence suddenly. I flinched and pressed against Alex's body. Why were they looking at me like that? Holy cow, they must be thinking of hurting me!

Alex looked down at me, then he growled at everyone. In an instant, the chatter resumed and everything was back to normal. "Wow, you sure live with a lot of people," I whispered to Alex.

He laughed, "You don't have to whisper, princess. Nobody will hurt you." I tensed up at that. Why did he say that? I looked at his face and noticed his confused expression. Oh. "What's wrong?" Alex asked, worry lacing his words. Stop being paranoid, Ayla!

I shook my head and smiled at him. "Nothing Alex. Where do you want to work on our project?" He nodded and led me to his room.

Suddenly, the door burst open and someone bounded in. "Alex my man! Where the hell have you been? I need my dose of Alex cooties!" Suddenly, he spotted me and froze.

"Err.... Alex...? Who's this hot babe?" The guy asked awkwardly. Alex's eyes hardened a little and he said, "This is my ... friend, Ayla. Ayla, this is Jason."

"Oh uh hi Ayla. Damn Alex! Why didn't you bring some of her friends back?" Jason wiggled his eyebrows suggestively.

"Another time, Jason. Now get lost," Alex said with a twinkle in his eyes. "Yes sir!" Jason saluted him and left.

"Sorry about that. Jason's ah well.... weird." Alex told me sheepishly. "No no it's alright! He seems like a fun person to be around!" I said wistfully. I've never had a female friend before.

Alex frowned. Then suddenly, he seemed to be in deep thought and stared into space. "Uhhh, Alex?" I waved my hand in front of his face.

"He's back!" Alex jumped up, a wide smile on his face. I gazed at his amazing grin, feeling as if the whole world has stopped.

Alex broke me out of my reverie as he grabbed my hand and ushered me out of the door and back to the entrance of the house. What? Is it time to go back?

Then suddenly, in front of me stood an exact replica of Alex.

"Ayla, meet my twin brother, Zeke."