Chapter 1: Cursed Winds

A/N: Welcome to my new story. For those who may not have understood the description, this story involves time-travel. For that reason, although my main character is from the so-called "Golden Trio Era", this story will mostly be based in the "Marauders Era". Hopefully you like this interesting twist, and how the entire Harry Potter universe as you know it, will crumble and change into something new.

Warnings: Due to the nature of this story and its universe, it will involve mentions and scenes of violence, death, racism, depression, anxiety, and other upsetting topics all throughout the story. If this is not for you, feel free to leave. No hard feelings. Take care of yourself first.

Also, English is not my first language, and I suspect I have (undiagnosed) dyslexia, so, be prepared to find grammatical and spelling mistakes along the way. Feel free to correct something you have spotted, and if I find the time, I'll correct it.

You have thereby been warned of all the evils you may find. Now, sit back, and enjoy the show!

***

"I don't know how this even happened, Professor. But... I shouldn't- I shouldn't be here. I didn't do it on purpose, I-I-I swear!" Her words echoed through the Headmaster's office. Although the room was familiar, as was the person before her, she knew he had died. Sandy had been to his funeral about a year ago. Or rather, it would be. Clinging onto the hot cup of chamomile tea, she seeked for the comfort its heat provided. 

"Before we get to that, are you alright, dear?" Dumbledore spoke up, gesturing to the blood that peaked out of her skin, as well as the rips and dust on her clothes. 

Sandy touched her forehead in instinct, soon coming to regret it due to the stinging pain that followed. Then, she turned to her index finger, which had formerly been mangled, but she had fixed upon arrival. The muscles all over her body were tense, either due to her current stress level, the adrenaline still pumping from the battle, or the bruises. She wasn't sure. Perhaps, it was more so a combination of the three, plus anything extra that her fogged mind could not reach at that time, for the life of her. "I'm fine. It's mostly dried blood now. That's not my issue."

"If you are certain. Just know that Madam Pomfrey is in the infirmary, and can easily treat your injuries." As he responded, Dumbledore couldn't help but notice how the girl's eyes trailed over him. Despite not knowing why, Sandy, who sat in front of him, was recognizing the differences between him, and the man she had known. He seemed younger, with his white beard now more so grey. It only helped confirm what Fat Briar had told her. The date- it preceded her own birth. "Now tell me, who might you be, and how did you get here? The Hogwarts Express does not arrive until tomorrow."

Shallowing, she got ready to announce the severity of her situation. "M-My name is Cassandra Turner, but I usually go by Sandy... As for how I got here, that's kind of complicated." There was an irony to her name. She knew it too. If such thing as fate was real (which given the existence of Harry's prophecy, along with countless others, she assumed it had to be), it sure had an annoying sense of humour. One Sandy did not appreciate. She almost rather be back in the battle field, knowing the danger it posed to her life, than this