☆[12]☆

Please comment.🥰

2.3k words

The clanking noises of the cutlery against the plates made the awkward silence even more unbearable.

Taehyung chewed on the meat as he eyed his father who sat opposite to him. He subtly glanced at Jungkook next to him, who seems to be enjoying his meal unlike him.

He mentally cursed himself for putting himself in this situation. He should've just walked away instead of inviting Jungkook over. Or he should've just accepted the lunch with his father.

He would definitely prefer the latter over the situation he was in. His senses involuntarily got alert when he heard his father clear his throat.

Dohyun wiped the nonexistent remnants of food on his lips, proving just how classy the business man are supposed to be. He clearly saw how Jungkook halted cutting his steak when his father cleared his throat but continued after a moment.

"So... I am glad you are business partners. You know Tae, Mr. Jeon is best one from your generation."

Jungkook scoffed smugly, holding himself back from rolling his eyes at the old man.

"Jungkook is fine Mr. Kim. Also, I thought by now you understood that we are not just business partners. We are..."

He looked at Taehyung and smirked. Before he could answer with god knows what, Taehyung interfered.

"Friends. I wouldn't be here if he was just a business partner."

Dohyun's piercing intense gaze on Jungkook softened when he looked at his son who answered. He smiled gently at Taehyung at the answer before looking at Jungkook again.

"Right. I believe Jungkook is the same from what I know. He doesn't go out with his business partners. Correct me if I am wrong Mr. Jeon."

"You are right Mr. Kim. Your son is special. I can't get to know him more."

Jungkook winked at Taehyung sneakily when Dohyun was busy with his steak. Taehyung blinked his eyes at his action and looked away biting his lips.

"Of course he must be special. I mean.."

Jungkook could clearly see the smug look on his face that Taehyung wouldn't identify with his innocent mind.

"Jeon Jungkook who doesn't care about anyone except his company is on a lunch with his friend and his father when he could be in his office making millions. I was surprised when Tae introduced YOU as his friend."

Jungkook gritted his teeth as he clenched his fist under the table. His rage only magnified when he saw a slight frown on Taehyung's face while deep in thoughts.

He can't let Dohyun ruin it for him. He knows he made a huge progress, when Taehyung used him as an excuse to escape lunch with his father.

"There is a first time for everything. "

He answered as confidently as possible. This was the only answer he could come up with. He cannot act in rage and talk something just to satisfy his ego only to end up giving away something he shouldn't.

Dohyun hummed nodding his head as he continued eating in silence. Jungkook faked a polite smile and eyed Taehyung who was still lost in thoughts.

The thought of what must be going on in Taehyung's mind after his father's words caused nervousness. And he hated this feeling. He hated not being in control. His frustration has no limits after feeling something he never felt before.