☆[24]☆

~20240325

"Mr Kim?"

"Mr Kim?"

Upon hearing his name, Taehyung blinked his eyes and raised his eyebrows, coming out of his daze as the doctor addressed him.

"Yes." He answered promptly, anxiously chewing on his bottom lip.

"Nothing to worry about. Luckily he didn't lose much blood. He will be fine." The doctor reassured him. Taehyung released a breath of relief.

He was feeling disoriented. His mind was in disarray, a sensation he had never experienced before. While he had often felt unsettled since Jungkook had come into his life, the events of today were on a different level.

Taehyung hoped he would never have to go through this again, as he struggled to comprehend the situation he found himself in. Despite the clear images of Jungkook in his arms, and blood covering his face, everything seemed distorted.

He came out of his thoughts when the doctor went on to talk about the medication. After confirming everything, he sent the doctor off.

At that moment after the doctor left and he closed the door, his knees gave out and he fell to the floor. The overwhelming anxiety in his heart was indescribable as he watched Jungkook lifeless on his lap.

The sight of his bloodied hands, coupled with uncontrolled trembling, intensified his distress. Recollections of Jungkook's blood-covered face elicited a visceral reaction, exacerbating his existing confusion and inner conflict.

Torn between conflicting emotions, he grappled with the urge to give in to the side of him that cried for Jungkook and the hesitation of the other side holding him back. Determined to regain composure, he collected himself by wiping away tears and taking a deep breath.

He cannot make decisions in haste. Not when his emotions are all over the place. And most importantly, it's not the time to be thinking about himself. Not when Jungkook needs his care.

He nodded to himself and exhaled deeply before getting on his feet. He proceeded towards his room where Jungkook was resting. Pausing by the door momentarily, he gazed at the slumbering figure before walking towards him mechanically.

Seating himself on the bed, he maintained his unwavering gaze on the peacefully resting figure. His eyes traveled to Jungkook's bandaged hand and then shifted to his bandaged forehead.

He looked so peaceful.

Witnessing Jungkook's serene countenance was a rarity for Taehyung, as he usually observed Jungkook's stern and confident demeanor while working, the smirk with calculated expressions he wore during their interactions.

Even when he was caught off-guard during their raw conversations, the time he saw a different side of Jungkook, Taehyung noticed how he always fought internally to hold himself back. So, seeing Jungkook in this state felt unfamiliar yet comforting to him.