☆[26]☆

~20240426

Jungkook immersed himself in work after missing two days, a rare occurrence for him

Jungkook immersed himself in work after missing two days, a rare occurrence for him. He instructed Bright not to disturb him unless absolutely necessary and even decided to forgo lunch until his evening meeting.

His irritation and anger were palpable when he heard a knock. Before he could lash out, he heard the door opening fueling him further. Who dared to open the door without his permission?

"WH--"

"Hey!" He saw Lisa peek her head and give him a smile. 

Jungkook took a deep breath, relaxing his fisted hands.

"You didn't even welcome me." She said while closing the door behind her.

Jungkook frowned at that and went back to signing his papers. "Didn't you receive the flowers?"

"I was expecting you to receive me at the airport." She said while making her way towards him.

"Oh, I was busy." He shrugged, not even sparing her a glance as he typed away on his computer. "Also, you know I don't like any disturbances while I am working."

"So, you don't even want to meet me until you come home?"

"I have already scheduled to meet you at 8 p.m. for dinner."

Lisa concealed her disappointment  as she confidently made her way towards him. She knew that Jungkook loved her, even though he was not very expressive.

Standing behind his chair, she pushed it back and settled on his lap, wrapping her arms around his neck. Before Jungkook could react, she leaned in and whispered on his lips. "Didn't you miss me? I missed you like crazy."

Their lips graced at the action. She was about to press a kiss when she noticed his bandaged forehead.

"Oh my! What happened?" She exclaimed, but Jungkook subtly moved back.

"I got into an accident. Don't worry about it." He reassured her.

Jungkook didn't want her to press on it further, so he pulled her closer by her waist and nuzzled her neck, placing a kiss there, and that seemed to do the job of shutting her up.

"I missed you too." He whispered into her neck. 

She hummed in satisfaction, her heart finally at ease after seeing him show some affection.

"How was your trip?" He asked, caressing her waist.

"It was good. Went better than I expected." She said that and pulled away to look at him. She wrapped her arms around his neck and spoke. "But it was really hard to keep them away, you know." 

She looked at him, searching for a reaction, but got none, so she continued, "Those bastards think I am single and do all sorts of shits to impress me."