6. Mischief

Sorry for the delay readers, your author sprained her ankle just like Aarohi.

Please do vote and comment your opinions, it makes my entire day and encourages me to improve. Let me know how the chapter was.

Also, please ask questions for the Q&A I'm doing. They can be any sort of questions on any topic but to the characters from the book. You can even ask a question to a character about another character.

***

"Ugh- - how long is this going to take?" Aarohi's loud groan filled the unfamiliar kitchen along with clinking sounds of a knife in a glass.

She had woken up in cold sweat, in the middle of the night, gasping for air due to a nightmare about Vrikasura that had decided to cloud her mind. As much as she liked to deny it, the incident had frightened her nonetheless and she couldn't sleep even after a day of it happening.

On top of it, she couldn't talk to anybody about it because one- Aarohi would rather dig her own grave and happily go lie in it before she made herself look like she needed anyone's sympathy or concern, two- she had made the decision not to tell anyone except the people who already knew the complete story and that was... Arjun.

Now why would she go to that Arjun with her problems?

She didn't need anybody- this she had repeated to herself.

So, even on the verge of a mental breakdown, Aarohi pushed through the dreadful feelings and decided to use that time to attempt to make coffee with what was available. That's the only thing that could help right now. A steaming cup of coffee, that always felt like a warm hug from her late mother.

But it wasn't easy, considering she was in a different era, obviously the ingredients were different too. Instead of her usual half fat milk there was the milk with the fullest fat she had ever tasted and instead of sugar, there was jaggery. Thankfully, she had her favourite brand of coffee mix which like a true coffee addict she'd carried along like it was her medicine. Surprise. Surprise.

Aarohi was afraid that if she hadn't brought it along, she'd have thrown a temper tantrum due to caffeine deprivation till now, so she didn't take any chances. And yes she was using a damn knife to create that foam because well- she didn't have access to her handy mixer in dwapar yug and there were no spoons, only huge ladles that she couldn't even lift.

Man, those kitchen ladies must be strong as heck!

It had been almost three days since she was here and there was no sign of her bracelet turning fully black anytime soon, which left her anxious, wanting a distraction.

"Why am I doing this again? I could have just mixed coffee powder in hot water, drank it and called it a day. But of course I made the mistake to put in the extra effort, thanks to that nightmare. I'm gonna make that guy pay for sure." Aarohi sneered in frustration but her hand stirred faster and faster. She wanted, no... needed that coffee.

However even after repeatedly trying the process, she couldn't get that airy foam with that damned knife.

"Argh! That's it! I've had it with you-" She shrieked loudly, took the knife and impulsively threw it in the direction of the entrance to the kitchen as she turned to throw away the monstrosity of a drink, but immediately paralysed in her spot as she heard a shout.

"AAHHH- - THERE'S AN ASSASSIN IN THE KITCHEN- -" It was a man's voice.

'Omg- - Could it be that Vrikasura...? Please...?'