Chapter eight

It had been a week since Brielle's meltdown and the first day of school. Currently, she was strolling down the hallway, while Blake was off with Jackson in gym – a class she didn't have to take. As she turned the corner, an unpleasant scene unfolded before her.

"You dumb-ass poor kid," a voice sneered. Brielle's attention shifted to a group of kids cornering someone. Swiftly, she approached and stood at the back of the group, her phone ready to record.

"You stupid bitch will die alone," a blond girl spat.

"Can you say that again?" Brielle calmly interjected, causing the group to turn around.

"You're the new girl," the blond girl observed.

"My name is Brielle. You must be Megan, the queen bee of this place," Brielle retorted.

"You must be the freak who doesn't show emotions. I heard even Francis talked to you. Who is mine. What are you, some kind of whore? You had both the Storm boys all over you, now him," Megan jeered, approaching Brielle.

"First, Franny talked to me because he is his own person. Second, they are my brothers. Now here's what we're going to do. You will leave this poor girl alone, or I will send this to the principal," Brielle asserted, making Megan laugh. Megan then attempted to snatch her phone, but Brielle swiftly stashed it into her backpack.

"You're the one in the middle, come here," she commanded. A girl emerged from the middle with cuts on her face and a torn sweater.

"Who do you think you are?" Megan questioned.

"The girl who will kick ass if you mess with her again. Is that too much information for your brain? Since I bet it has aloof damage from all the bleach you have in your hair," Brielle quipped, leaving Megan taken aback. Before Megan could react, Brielle grabbed the girl's hand and left, heading to the nearest bathroom.

Setting her bag down on the counter, Brielle retrieved her first aid kit.

"I'm going to clean your wounds," she informed the girl, who nodded. Brielle began cleaning her lip wound, then moved on to her head and hand. After applying ointment and bandaging the wounds, she said, "Thank you."

"Welcome. Now, what is your name?" Brielle asked, taking out her sewing kit.

"Aylee Roseman," the girl replied.

"Nice to meet you. Why don't you give me your sweater?" Brielle suggested. Aylee complied, and Brielle skillfully began sewing the hole.

"You're really brave for standing up to Megan. She's the queen bee of the school. But if you want a chance to get in her good graces, don't talk to the schollees," Aylee advised.

"Schollees?" Brielle queried.

"It's what scholarship students are called—schollees for short," Aylee explained.

"Well, where your family comes from doesn't define who you are. The way you act defines who you are. Besides, I'd rather be friends with you," Brielle affirmed, finishing up the sweater.

"We are friends," Aylee declared, taking the sweater from Brielle.

"If you'd like," Brielle added, putting away her sewing kit.

"Yeah, I would like that," Aylee replied. Brielle nodded, and Aylee put her backpack back on. Brielle offered her arm, and Aylee took it as they walked out of the bathroom.

"So that's how the social system works in this school," Aylee remarked as they headed to the lunchroom, with Blake following behind. He had met Aylee in class and was glad his sister had made a new friend.

They approached their tables, where Jackson and Jonathan were seated.

"Hey, twins," Johnathan greeted when he sat down.

"Who's this?" asked Jackson, eyeing Aylee, who seemed a bit overwhelmed.

"This is Aylee Roseman, my new friend," Brielle introduced. "Be nice to her. Now, I am going to get something to eat. Blake, do you want your usual?" she asked, standing up.

"Yeah," said Blake.

"Do you want to come?" Brielle asked, facing Aylee, who shook her head.

When they were far away, Aylee said, "Why didn't you tell me that your brothers were the Sin Brothers?"

"Sin Brothers?" Brielle questioned.

"Yeah, your brothers, plus your father, are known as the Sin Brothers. Each represents one of the seven deadly sins. It's said that they are killers," Aylee explained.

Brielle froze at this revelation. Killers. Did they know about her past? About Blake's past? There was something they hadn't told the police. They did leave the house, but it was to go on a kill mission. They started to kill at ten, which was when Brielle began repressing her emotions. The person begged her not to, but she had to. He had done something really bad to children, yet she still felt bad. He was still human. She couldn't go through that again.

"No they aren't killers, Johnathan still sleeps with a night light on" Brielle giggled out. Picking up her normal pizza and Blake's cheesey Fries.

Alyee laughed at this and picked up her own lunch's

They both made there back to there table when a Haley, Johnathan girlfriend came up looking frustrated.

"What's wrong baby, do I need to beat someone up" Johnathan asked putting a supportive hand on her shoulder.

"No the cheer team, it short staffed" Haley explained, she rested her head on Johnathan shoulder. Him wrapping his arm around her shoulder.

"Wait I can try out, and Alyee said she use to dance" Brielle said.

"Really, Aylee is that ok with you" Haley said.

Aylee shook her head out of nervousness. "You don't have to try out if it makes you uncomfortable"
Brielle reassured her.

"No I have always loved cheerleading" Aylee said.

Haley smiled and said she would texted Johnathan the details