Chapter twenty-one

Six months had passed, marking a significant period of change in both the twins' lives and the Storm family's dynamics. Brielle was currently busy packing her bag for a weekend stay with her grandparents, her excitement palpable. She retrieved her mini suitcase, part of a set she owned, perfectly sized for a weekend trip.

"Okay, let's make a list of what I need," Brielle mused to herself, settling down at her desk with a notepad. She meticulously wrote down everything she needed and then began packing, starting with her clothes. Brielle made sure to pack an extra of everything, just in case, along with some spare underwear.

Next on her list was her jewelry, which she carefully packed into a travel jewelry box. Personal hygiene items followed, and Brielle was grateful for her travel case for her toothbrush. Once she gathered everything, she packed it all up neatly, zipping up her bag. The only thing left to do was to pack her book bag, which she did quickly.

Brielle then turned her attention to Gideon, her faithful companion. She grabbed a small bag for him, filling it with his essentials and instructing him to choose three toys. Gideon obediently selected his favorites, earning praise from Brielle as she petted him on the head.

As Brielle finished preparing, there was a knock at her door, and in walked Victor and Vincent.

"Looks like you've got everything packed, Bri," Victor observed.

"Yes, one less thing to worry about in the morning," Brielle replied with a smile.

The boys chuckled in agreement. "We're about to watch a movie. Why don't you join us in the movie room?" Vincent suggested.

Brielle nodded. "Let me get into my PJs first."

Vincent and Victor left her to change, and Brielle quickly slipped into a pink silk PJ set, brushed and braided her hair, and grabbed Gideon before heading to the movie room. Her family was already there, waiting for her.

"What are we watching?" Brielle asked as she settled next to her father.

"Nanny McPhee," Damien replied, and Brielle nodded in approval. Vincent handed her a bowl of popcorn, and she whispered her thanks before snuggling up for the movie.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The credits roll. Damien claps his hands and the lights flicker on. "Reminds me again why we don't have that in every room of our house," Jackson said, clapping his hands repeatedly.

"Because we know you will do this," Oliver said, stopping his brother from clapping again.

"Your brother is right. Now, who wants to carry Brielle back to her room?" Damien questioned, motioning to his daughter. Brielle was fast asleep on his shoulder. The boys all started to say "Me" or "I will."

"Can you guys shut up? You will wake her up. I will take her since you guys are acting like a bunch of monkeys," Vincent said. He went over and picked Brielle up gently.

Pushing the door open with his foot and making his way to her room, Blake followed him.

"Good night, Vincent," Blake yawned, going over into his room.

"Night, kiddo," Vincent said. He then opened the door to Brielle's room, tucked her in bed, and shut the door

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Blake was awoken by Brielle shaking him. "Blake, it's time to get up," she said.

Blake opened his eyes and rubbed them, looking up at his sister, who had a glass of water for him.

"Morning, Bri," said Blake, sitting up.

"Morning, Blake. Now drink this water and get ready to go. I have breakfast next to you," Brielle said, handing him the glass.

"Thanks," he said, taking a sip and watching his brother scurry out of his room to her own.

Blake opened the breakfast tray and smiled. Brielle had made his favorite: bacon, eggs, and jelly toast. Quickly eating, he finished in no time.

Blake went over to his couch and picked up his outfit. Brielle had insisted he laid it out the night before. He chose a simple white Ralph Lauren sweater and blue jeans, putting a white tee underneath.

Once Blake got dressed, he went to check on Brielle, knocking on her door before hearing her say enter.

He walked in to see Brielle already dressed and putting on heels. Brielle wore a blue Ralph Lauren sweater with a white button-down and a black skirt. She added black tights underneath and had her Tiffany bracelet on.

"You are never going to take that off, are you?" asked Blake.

"What off?" Brielle asked. Blake picked up her wrist and pointed to her bracelet.

"No, I do when I sleep. But it's special to me," Brielle said, taking her wrist back and smiling.

Francis had gotten her another charm. This time it was a pearl one. Blake laughed at his sister.

"You are totally going to fall in love with him," Blake teased.

Brielle looked up at him with a questioning face. "Totally. You have been hanging around Aylee too much. Also, you are going to fall in love with her, so," Brielle stuck her tongue out.

Blake went to say something when there was a knock at the door. "Come in," they said at the same time.

Damien came in and smiled. "Kiddos, it is time to go. Blake, go get your bags. Don't forget your coat, gloves, and scarf."

Blake nodded and left. Brielle smiled and went to get her stuff. Damien went to her closet and got out her coat, gloves, and scarf.

He held them out for her, and Brielle put her arms in the coat, Damien pulling out her hair. Brielle buttoned up her coat and turned around, grabbing her gloves from her father while Damien put her scarf on.

"Okay, all ready?" Damien asked.

Brielle nodded her head, getting her book bag. She called over Gideon, who already had his leash on. Brielle picked him up, and Damien picked up her suitcase. They went into the hall, where Blake was all ready to go.

Damien picked up his suitcase too. Blake held out his arm, and Brielle took it, one arm still holding Gideon, making their way down to the entrance.

The rest of the Storms were ready to send them off, saying their goodbyes and getting into the car. When Brielle's phone buzzed.

"Hey, heard you are going to your grandparents. Have fun and see you on Monday," a text from Francis appeared.

Brielle texted back, "I will, and yeah see you on Monday."