Chapter fourteen

Brielle couldn't contain her excitement and rushed to hug Theo, throwing her arms around him. "I can't believe you're here!" she exclaimed, her joy evident. "I am here," Theo, the guy everyone assumed was named Theo, responded. After a heartfelt reunion, Brielle and Theo let go, and Blake was next in line, giving him a warm hug.

Interrupting the moment, Oliver asked the important question, "Um, sorry to interrupt this reunion, but who are you?"

Brielle, realizing she hadn't properly introduced Theo, smiled and said, "Oh, I'm sorry. How rude of me. I forgot to introduce you properly. Dad, brothers, Franny, and Aylee, please let me introduce my childhood friend, Theodore Rain."

Theo smiled at the introduction, and when asked about how they met, Brielle mentioned their training, with Damien understanding the context. Theo then acknowledged that he knew about Blake and Brielle's past, mentioning how Blake broke their hands and Brielle got kidnapped.

Aylee, offering a playful correction, whispered to Brielle, "It's cat."

Brielle, catching the mistake, corrected herself, "I mean the cat." Thanking Aylee, she then turned to Theo, and Blake questioned why Theo was there.

"They know, Brielle, and you escaped. They want her back," Theo warned, revealing that the company, especially the master, was after her.

Concerned, Johnathan asked, "Who wants her?"

"The company. Mostly the master," Theo explained.

Vincent drew a connection, "Like the master you told us about, Blake?" But Blake shook his head, stating that the company wanted Brielle because she was the best killer they had ever produced. All eyes turned to Brielle, who looked down.

Damien reassured, "We will protect her."

Brielle expressed her gratitude and invited Theo to stay for cake. Theo, realizing it was their birthday, accepted, and Brielle asked Damien if he could stay. Damien agreed, instructing Brielle to get dressed and suggesting that Theo hang out with Blake. As Brielle hugged Damien and led Theo upstairs, a new chapter unfolded with the unexpected reunion and a looming threat on the horizon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As soon as Brielle's door shut, Aylee couldn't contain her curiosity. "So, tell me about Theo," she asked. Brielle downplayed it, stating, "Um, there is nothing to tell. He was one of the few people I had acquaintances with before coming here." Aylee laughed at the seemingly guarded response and went to get dressed in the bathroom.

Brielle changed into a stylish outfit, opting for a plaid skirt paired with a lacy white flannel-like shirt and an off-white cropped sweater vest. Over everything, she added a black blazer and wore Chanel black heels, complemented by a matching Chanel bag. Aylee, with her more casual style, had on blue jeans, a simple white top, and a tan sweater. She completed her look with Converse and a Dutch braid leading into a ponytail.

With their outfits complete, both girls stood in front of Brielle's full-length mirror, appreciating the contrast in styles. "We look amazing," Brielle remarked, and Aylee smiled. The girls heard a knock on the door, prompting Brielle to check. The boys were ready and waiting, so the two girls grabbed their respective bags and headed out, Brielle leading the way with her arm linked with Aylee's, while the three boys followed.

As they approached the main door, the rest of the family awaited them. Damien inquired about their plans for the day, to which Brielle suggested eating first. "You can't shop on an empty stomach," she explained. Damien agreed, suggesting they stop at a restaurant before doing whatever the twins wanted for the day.

However, a phone call interrupted the planning. Theo was on the line, explaining he needed to go home but wished the twins a happy birthday. Concerned about his ride, Brielle asked, and Theo mentioned he came on his bike—a motorbike, not an electric one.

"Brielle, Blake, he was fun to meet, but let's get going," Damien said, prompting everyone to head out for the day's celebrations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'

The Storms' car pulled up to the mall, and the siblings had divergent plans for the day—Brielle and Francis opting for shopping while Blake and Aylee were eager for a movie. Before parting ways, Damien reminded them to have fun and be cautious.

Entering the mall, the four kids split up, Blake and Aylee heading to the movies, and Brielle and Francis going shopping.

"So, what shop do you want to go to first?" asked Francis.

"Louie Vuitton," Brielle replied. Francis chuckled and casually put his arm around Brielle's shoulder—an act she secretly appreciated, finding comfort and safety in it. Unbeknownst to Francis, Brielle cherished these moments, and the simple gesture made her feel protected.

As they walked towards the shop, Blake and Aylee ventured to the movie theater, with Aylee asking, "So, what flavor of Icee do you want, Blakie?"

"Um, I've never had one, so you choose," Blake replied.

Aylee grinned, promising a flavor explosion, "Get ready to have a flavor explosion, because the best one is mixing red and blue." She skillfully mixed both drinks, and Blake, while a bit nervous, laughed at Aylee's enthusiasm, ready to experience the anticipated flavor combination.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, how was the movie?" Brielle asked Aylee.

"It was good," replied Blake. Brielle then took out her phone to text her dad. "Okay, Brielle, you have to show me what you got," Aylee insisted, eyeing Brielle's shopping bags.

"I bought gifts," Brielle mentioned, tucking her phone back into her purse.

"I want to help wrap them," Aylee volunteered eagerly. Brielle smiled at her enthusiasm and began putting on her blazer. Francis, ever the gentleman, held it out for her, and after she put it on, she took her hair out of it.

"Thank you," Brielle expressed her gratitude, and just as she received a text from Damien stating he was there, Aylee noticed, "Our dads here."

Grabbing her bag, Brielle announced, "Our dad's here, sweetheart," and the others followed her out. Damien, already in the car, chuckled upon seeing the four kids emerging.

"What, Dad?" Vincent inquired.

"I think Brielle will marry Francis, and Blake will marry Aylee," Damien teased, playfully predicting future connections among the siblings.