Chapter 1: Sex Appeal

POV: KING RIAN
Even though we don't sleep, I was dreaming. Or having a nightmare. A living, breathing nightmare. I don't think my eyes can roll any harder into the back or my head.

Evelyn chose my brother, Oisin, as her mate over me. Over me!

I know I have to accept it is what it is, but I'm the fucking king! I have all the girls dying to be dead by me... bad vampire pun?
And the worst part is that I know she felt the intense attraction and heat between us.

I knew her first! I watched her grow up with at twat of a mother and literal trash for a step dad.
I was her hero! Not only that, I gave her the permission she felt she needed, but never really needed, to let him die an unflattering and painful death!

The most brilliant part of her is one Oisin doesn't even know about. It's her chaotic darkness that lurks beneath her skin.

Her skin that was still warm to the touch. After all of that! She's only part vampire. Which is why I still held out hope. Fuck I'm going to be one of those sad lads that pines after his brother's girl.

I could smell Evelyn on my brothers breath. I could sense where she had touched him and left a mark. She was a biter. A fighter. But wanted to be submissive to someone. Evelyn was the perfect woman...for me. And for Oisin for fucks sake!

It wasn't fair for Evelyn to pick him over me. She should have chosen the both of us. In all honesty I'm not against some step sibling rivalry, and living this long, trust me when I say Oisin and I have crossed swords. I didn't give a shit. Or at least tried to give off that impression. Like yada, yada, yada... I have to respect her {poor} decision making skills. And truth be told, I want my brother to be happy. I've known him forever and will know him forever. Literally.
But did he have to be THIS happy about it? All smug and cool as a fucking cucumber. Which I must admit is comparable to his cock. But not as thick as mine. I smirk just thinking about how happy my cock made women over the ages. Just the first night Oisin and Evee were together I had gone through a myriad of women from vampires, blood bank humans, to even a few Faeries (although I'm not proud to admit that last part).

Not a single fucking one of them compared to Evelyn. She made me feel warm. I could literally hold my hand to my body and feel my heartbeat pounding through my chest, as though I was alive again, when I was around Evelyn.

In all honesty, my brothers breath was more erotic to me and coming for me then any other potent drug that I know of. And from the look on Oisin's face, he knew that all too well. Mother fucker. Little shithead. Starring at me all evening as though he could read how my mind had gone through every sex position possible with his mate and me. He though I was getting what I deserved. I believe he won a prize I had fought for!

At that moment in my stream of consciousness, Oisin's hands balled up into fists and landed on the centuries old petrified wood table. We were fossils so it made sense to decorate with them. Or maybe ironic? I jumped when I heard Oisin yell, "My King, get your head out of your ass before I make it permanently stay there."

"Oh no! You make me tremble with fear, PRINCE Oisin. So scary brother, I'm shaking in my boots. Oh what must I have been privately thinking about that my lowly prince of a brother would get so upset with me?" I shook my hands in pretend fear. You I'm made Oisin's nostrils flare, which was all I did was really wanted. But thankfully the twins had had hid in here, as I compelled them to do, hours before this meeting began.

And wouldn't you know it - giggles came from under the table. "Besides, these beauties come from your new family in law." I laughed as the two dear sweet innocent Evee look-alike faeries I could find, lapped up my juices. "Her people are hyper sexual you know that, right brother?"

They weren't actually related to Evee. Could they be? Sure. It was possible but I didn't go into that much trouble to find Evelyn look a likes.

I could hear Oisin's jaw clench and grind together, the man would have to have all of his teeth replaced at this rate! Just not his fangs.

Clearly my inner dialogue was not soothing to him. But this was a closed meeting, meaning no one was allowed in or Pitt during the discussions. But here we were interrupted by a sexy swaying secretary arriving with 2 envelopes marked for Evelyn - probably from her fan club. And oh did she have a big fan club. From Fearies about taking down the King and waking them up to what was really going in their kingdom; to men and women who fall in love with her. It's not hard to see why. I made sure to write in daily. Not only to piss off Oisin - with my scent in their part of the compound - but to also remind Evelyn what she had lost out on.

"My king, get a hold over your women or I shall do it for you."

"Wow what a big scary threat from such a tiny..."

Oisin growled in response and shook his head.

"Right. Grunt and shake your head like a wild bore. Sincerely, I can not thank you so much brother for your maturity," something I was severely lacking right and drunk off of a few pints of spiked blood was feeling that issue all much sooner than I had anticipated.

"I would like it if you'd be please stop fantasizing about my mate." Oisin took Evee's fan letters with out inspecting each and every single one of them as though they were to true medical testing needing his full attention.

I'm not a man known for his patience.
"Anything interesting in there?" My fingers tapped the sleek table. I was genuinely interested but I also do not want to dawdle especially for Oisin. "Or at the very least share what was so important in those letters?"

"Aww is the King jealous?"
Yes, but not how he thought I'm sure.