Chapter 9: Sibling Rivalry

Oisin

Nyx is on his knees begging my brother to talk to Evelyn.

"What the fuck are you pricks talking about? Because if it's about my wife," I pause looking at the real fear on their faces, "I'll kill you 2 wankers and make my wife a nice stew. I'll even spoon feed it to her and tell her that it's vegan."

The room falls awkwardly silent.
Shit. They are talking about my girl.

"Through the bars of her cage?" Rian crossed his and straightened up so every muscle bludgeoned. Such a fucking peacock this one. "That might be a good idea actually seeing as she hasn't been eating as of late."

He glanced at Nyx who looked like he was about to piss himself. Nyx stood slowly with his hands in the air showing he didn't mean any harm. He started nodding emphatically whilst looking between Rian and me.

Oh fuck. If I could slap my hand on my face like that emoji, I would. But instead I stare down at the fucker trying not to ring his bloody neck! "I'm going to need a lot more than a head nod, you knob. Speak while I still allow you to be among the living."

Rian stood between us acting like a referee. He was enjoying this way too much. My mate is in pain and he has a smile he's trying to hide on his lips.  He is irritating me to my breaking point.

"And why are you the one Evelyn needs, brother?" I say through a very clenched jaw.

"King. King brother to you, little prince."

I went from furious to enraged and slammed my fist into Rian's jaw. His face moved but he was unmoved and not injured. On the other hand, my hand needed an ice pack.

"Not bad. Not bad, little brother. But you should work on your skills if we are going to war, which I assume you know we are." He stood in front of me with his arms by his sides, not protecting that boyish grin of his.

"You see you need to have all of your energy in a fluid like state and exert the most force in time with the breath. And..." Rian uses his breath and knocks me into the wall behind me.

"See!" Rian stood like he had just landed the sequence in gymnastics for a gold medal. "Keep it simple. And keep up the practice. They call it practice for a reason, you know. And from what I can see, you are in desperate need of some practice. Shall we go again? Or do you want to be all moody about Evelyn reaching out to me and you know, needing me. Not you."

I felt like I was sucker punched in the gut. It couldn't be true, could it?
Impossible.
Reaching out?
How so?
When?

"So many questions, but not enough time to explain." Nyx said while giving me his hand to lift me up. "But yes, it appears your King has some sort of telepathic connection to my Queen."

I was going to be sick. So this entire time I've keeping her locked in a cage, she's turned to my brother for help. No wonder I saw less of him.

What were they discussing because if they...

"No. Nope. Not like that. They review a memory over and over again. Your brother has kept Evelyn entertained and alive but now we need him to give her something more."

Rian's hand cover his mouth as he chuckles. I growled at him as possessiveness and jealousy grow like yeast in heat.

"How about we help out Evee and leave killing one another to some other time perhaps?" Nyx had a twinkle in his eye as he whispered, "because Rian definitely did jerk off to the thought of her like each time it happened."

Each time?! Each time?! How many fucking times were there?!

"Well it's been a while..."

"Stop reading my mind, Nyx!"

"Says the big scary mind reading monster himself." Rian scoffed.

"She's not yours. She picked me."

"And here we are still stand arguing while you've kept the woman you supposedly love locked away in a basement. She lives in a dog cage."

"The cages you picked out for your feeders and sex slaves?" Rian liked to keep humans contained like animals. He said they would do the same to us but in all my years I've never met a human who has asked me to sleep where fleas do.

"And I don't see her getting any less blood thirsty or horny. So new plan! And that new plan includes me. Ta-da! We break her out and everybody wins! That is if she will still be on speaking terms with you, lil bro." Emphasizing the last part by imitating an American accent.

"You have no idea the hell this has been for me and MY mate. I don't care who the Moon Goddess ordains for this werewolf or that one. I don't give a fuck if some Celtic cunt hexed me forever. And I sure as hell don't give a fuck about breaking any damn curse." I seethed only inches from my brother's face. "And you know why 'big bro'? Because she chose me. Even if we didn't break the curse it doesn't matter. You know why? Because Evee chose me and will choose me every fucking time. Just as I choose her."

Rian stepped back and wiped my spit off of his face. "As a general rule of thumb, don't spit in my face again. Your mate has chosen to speak to me most recently. Queen Evelyn, funny to say such a thing because it's a fact and also because I'm a King, has chosen me for her nightly fantasies. Is she having sexual memories with you? If so, do tell. I'm dying to hear what other shenanigans that little minx of a fae has been up to. Because it doesn't seem like bloody much. Is that stick all the way up your arse or do you need Nyx and I to help shove it up there further for ya?"

"I will kill you one day and take your place as King."

"Good ole' treason. Try it. End up dead. Or worse, end up imprisoned until the end of days while I fuck your girl so good she won't remember her name let alone yours." Rian leaned in close to me, "and you can count on me making you watch us while she screams my name after each and every orgasm I give her."

Truly a fate worse than death. Only a man worse than the devil himself could dole out that kind of wicked revenge.

We stare at one another, neither backing down until I finally let out a breath and glance at the floor. "Piss off! I'm going to get my wife and make sure she never sleeps in one of your dog crates again."

I turn and walk out the room. I hear Nyx fluttering up to me but Rian is a good boy and stays put. At least he knows his place.