•𝐓𝐞𝐧•

CHAPTER  01 - TEN

Song - 24/7 by Seventeen (Instrumental)

~~TARA ~~

As soon as I heard the bell ring, I got up from my seat and started packing my things. One by one I took out the books from my drawer and put them in my bag. Once I was done I wore the bag and looked out the window. I breathed a heavy sigh and smiled to myself. Then I rushed outside as fast as I could.

"Excuse me... coming through..." I said as I squeezed my way through the crowd of students walking around the halls towards the gate. 

I got on my bicycle and rode hurriedly towards the park. I look at my watch and its almost 4:30. I sped up motivating myself inside my head, I cant be late  while riding through the busy road.

People might think I was trying to get killed going so fast, but I had to. And for what was I doing this. Because of a totally useless bet I had made with my best friends Alec and Luca. 

Three of us meet every Monday after school at the park. But I get late sometimes, or maybe a bit more than that and that's only because I have lazy legs and my thighs give in very easily.

So, the last time I was late they decided that I would have to buy them whatever they want. Which I obviously do not want to. But will have no other choice to do so If  I am late. And that is basically why I am so very hastily riding my way to the park.

As soon as I reach the park. I get of my bike and run towards our special spot right near the lake. 

I see them talking to each other sitting near our special tree. Alec had his hands supporting his body from behind while his legs stretched comfortably. Luca was playing with a stick with his legs crossed.

When I checked the time its already 4:34. I'm late. I slowly walk up to them, trying not to get their attention hoping they had forgotten about the deal.

"Here she is." Luca says and walks toward me. "Where have you been? It doesn't even take 10 minutes to get here. Yet you took 15  whole minutes." 

"You cant blame me, I have lazy legs." I replied.

"Sure. Let's just go and get this over with. I only had a toast and I'm starving." said Luca putting his elbow on my shoulder which I rolled my eyes to. 

Alec got up and stretched his arms. He didn't say a single word but walked right past me towards our bikes. I shrugged it of and thought he probably had a bad day. 

We got on our bikes and as we rode to the store, I could feel a bit of tension growing between the boys. I caught up to Luca who was ahead of me and asked him.

"Hey, what's up with Alec?"

"Even I don't know. We were talking before you came and he was being super dry. I wanted to ask him but we both know that we don't want to mess with a moody Alec."

"But its so weird with him being quiet like this. We need to know what's wrong."

"Yeah you should ask him."

"What-  Me? No. I'm already doing enough for you by buying stuff for you guys. You will ask him!" I said pointing my index finger really close to his face.