•𝐈𝐭𝐚𝐥𝐲•

CHAPTER 03 - ITALY
Song - Cinnamon Girl by Lana Del Rey
~~TARA~~

"Tara! Wake up honey." I woke up to the sound of my mom calling me. She was sitting next to me on my bed. I rubbed my eyes sitting up. I almost forgot we were going to Italy. 

"Brush your teeth and change your clothes. And remember to put your pj's in the suitcase." mom said leaving my room. I stretched my arms and jumped out of bed not in the best mood. I took a small shower and wore my white shirt and blue jeans with a denim jacket to match with. I braided my hair both sides and add some pretty clips too. Then I put my toothbrush, towel, and clothes in my suitcase. I was practically done packing until my stomach rumbled.

I wanted breakfast but since we packed most of our stuff we probably didn't have food. But to my surprise, dad had brought waffles from the bakery next door. I loved those waffles. I ran towards the dining table and stuffed a waffle in my face as soon as I reached it. I loved how the waffles come with a small packet of chocolate syrup. Yet I always needed more. 

"Good morning, honey." said my dad lifting up the furniture to put in the van. I couldn't reply though. I mean my mouth was stuffed. 

Mom was busy on the phone probably making final work preps. My parents have always been the busy type. Either busy in a meeting or on a business trip. They'd drop me of Luca's house before they leave. Luca and his mom live alone so they love it when me and Alec visit. 

Alec on the other hand lives with his parents and twin sisters, Avery and Amara Preston. Our houses are right next to each other so they come over to my house all the time and we play hide and seek in the backyard.  

After I filled up my stomach I went to my room, waiting for Alec and Luca to come over. I knew they would. They had to. I was going to leave in less than 3 hours. 

A few seconds later I heard a knock on my door. It was Luca. Alec wasn't with him. Why didn't  he come?

"Hey. You done packing?" he asks.

"Yup. Where's Alec?"

"Not sure. Maybe he's not home." He replies. 

I expected him to come in a while. We waited for 30 minutes but he still didn't come. He'll probably come to the airport. I hoped.

~~ ~~

An hour and a half of playing games and talking with Luca passed when we heard a knock on the door. "Come out with your suitcase honey." My mom called out from behind the door. It was time to go. Time to go to the airport. Time to go to Italy. I hate it. 

Luca helped me take my suitcase out. I carried my bag. We put them in the car trunk. Me Luca and Mrs. Lorenzo got in the back seat of the car and my mom in the passengers seat and my dad driving. There was only one thought in my mind the whole time. Alec. I really hope he'll be at the airport.

Through the ride only mom and dad talked. Mom kept getting phone calls. I tried to ask them to play a song but as soon as they turned the music on mom got a call and we had to pause it. And afterwards they forgot to play it and I didn't ask cause it would be pointless. 

We reached the airport in a while. We saw Mr. Preston waiting outside the gate. Alec was sitting in the waiting chairs with Mrs. Preston and he had something in his hands. It was a bouquet filled with lavenders and baby breaths. I love lavenders. And baby breaths. 

He looked at us when we walked up to them. He smiled at me. He got up and handed the bouquet to me. 

"I'm sorry I wasn't there with Luca. I slept too long and had to go get you this." He said, nodding his head toward the flowers. I thanked him with a hug. 

The time was getting closer and closer. I still hated it. Going to Italy. I hate it. Secret reason for going. I hate it. Leaving Luca and Alec. I hate it. I hate it all. But I can't say anything. They will always convince me somehow. 

~~ ~~

It was time. To board the flight. Luca had tears in his eyes. Alec won't look at me. The parents were busy talking. 

"Please hate me. Or you might miss me too much." I said looking at them with tears in my eyes as I wore my backpack. 

Mom told us it was time to go. I didn't want to go. I hugged Luca and Alec one last time. "I will find you both. Don't forget me." Luca smiled and tightened the hug almost squishing us. Alec finally looked at me. He was not going to cry but he wanted to. He smiled and said "Good bye, Tara." I waved at them as I walked towards the boarding area with my parents. 

We got in the flight and found our seats. I sat in my seat next to mom. She knew I was sad. She knew everything. She held my hand tightly and smiled at me. "We will meet the boys again. I don't want to make you do something you don't want to. But this is necessary. We have to go. It's for your benefit. Everything will be just alright as long as we go."

"I know I know but why? Why do we have to go? Why can't we stay closer to them?" I asked my mom, a tear falling down my cheek. 

"We will tell you. But not yet. When you're ready. Just need you to be a bit patient." She said nervously, rubbing her thumb over my hand.  

I immediately turned around. Tears filled my eyes. I was already missing Luca and Alec. I don't want to go away from them. I couldn't stop the tears. I cried so much my head started hurting. 

Italy. I'd start a new life there. Everything would be different. I wouldn't have friends. I won't get to eat the same food. I had to prepare myself. For everything about change in Italy. For new people and everything. A fully pristine life...

~~ ~~ 

Chapter Three of Reunited is complete. 

First of all, I am soo sorry for the long long delay with this chapter. School had eaten me alive and it took me 2 months to get fully immersed into it. And once I was prepared I started writing again. 

There might not be a specific date for the chapter releases anymore cause I can't promise if I won't stop for a while again or not. 

So hope you enjoyed!!

Thank you for reading and please don't forget to vote.