•𝐁𝐚𝐝 𝐍𝐞𝐰𝐬•

CHAPTER 02 - BAD NEWS
Song - Cardigan by Taylor Swift
~~ALEC~~

When I saw Tara storming off towards her bike, I followed her. I called her name several times to make her stop but she ignored me. She got on her bike and rode away. I got on my bike to go after her and try talking to her. 

Luca was right behind me but he was slow because he was eating Twix. We only caught up to her when she reached home. She took the keys out of her bad and got in the house and we followed her right behind. 

The two-story house with, crumbling rock walls and basic storm windows and one bow window in the living room looked elegant in the afternoon light. 

As we walked in we saw multiple boxes piled up in the foyer and the sound of people speaking could be heard. All three of our parents were in the living room. Half the house looks empty When they saw Tara they stopped speaking and her mom came towards us.

"Tara dear. You're back home already. It's a good thing we were just waiting for you." Mrs. Williams spoke with a nervous expression but a light smile. 

Tara didn't respond right away but stood silently in front of our parents. Her dad signaled her to come to him with his hands before speaking. 

"Me and your mom have decided to go to Italy. It's urgent, very urgent. We will be moving first thing tomorrow so we need to start packing. I know it's a short time but your mom and I will help." he had a hopeful smile but didn't notice how sad she was. Her eyes got all watery. 

"But dad... why didn't you tell me before? We can't leave. All my friends are here. Alec and Luca too... Is it because of my grades? Well I'm doing a lot better now. I got a B in science too. Ask Alec." she said pointing a finger towards me, a small tear coming down her face.

I felt so disappointed seeing her like that. I couldn't even say a thing. It was all happening so fast. Even I thought we'd have a few days to spend time with her before she left. I didn't realize how much she'd be hurting. 

"Oh honey. We would have told you but it was really sudden for us too but we are really sorry. And I know you're sad but we are only doing this for your benefit. We just want you to be safe, honey." Her mom said kneeling down in front of her rubbing her shoulders gently. 

Tara took a step back and she was actually crying now.

"Safe from what? What could make it so urgent for us to go to Italy." she said almost furious. 

"We can't tell you that, but please just trust us." her mom said hesitantly but even her eyes were getting watery . Obviously she was hurting seeing her daughter like that. But now even I was curious. What was the actual reason they were leaving? What were they trying to keep her safe from. 

Whatever the reason is, I am fully convinced that what they are most definitely doing it for her safety. So there  I am standing stiffly, debating whether I should try talking to her or not.

 "I don't get it mom. This isn't fair. I can't leave my friends." she says pulling away from her mom's hold and runs up the stairs to her room. 

As soon as we hear her close the door, Mrs. Williams breaks into tears. Luca goes his to mom and says something to her silently. "Mum, is Mrs. Williams telling the truth? Is Tara really going to Italy?" he asks his eyes blurred with tears. 

Mrs. Lorenzo slightly nods indicating a yes and Luca hugs her tightly and starts crying. Our parents all have worried expressions. I was just standing there like a statue. I couldn't move. It was as if the tension in the room was holding me in that place completely enabling me to move. But then it hits me. She's my best friend. Right now if any one can make her understand it's me. So without saying a word I run up to her bedroom. 

As soon as I reach the door I knock on it and say " It's Alec." She doesn't reply but I can hear her little sobs. I slowly open the door to see her sitting on her twin bed her back facing me. As soon as I enter I take in the strong smell of lavender in her room. She loves lavender and she sprays is all around the room. 

I sit next to her nervously because she is super mean when she's in a mood. 

"Don't look at me." she says and turns around.

"Alright I wont. I'm just here to talk to you."

She wipes her nose with the back of her sweater sleeve. 

"You know Tara, Italy sounds like a great place. Not that I've ever got to experience anywhere Italy but I've heard a lot about it. And I'm pretty sure you'll like the food there, you know pasta, lasagna, pizza and stuff." I took one look at her and seeing her unimpressed face I knew she wasn't liking it. But I still continued.

"I honestly have no idea why you have to leave but I know your mom and dad are doing it for you. They love you a lot, more than anything. You're all they have, Tara. They have always known what's best for you. So you should just listen to them. Don't worry about me and Luca. We'll be fine as long as you keep us updated. We will send letters regularly. But you need to promise to always remember us." 

She looked at me, her nose completely red and her face messed up from all the tears and smiled a little. 

"Okay but you better miss me." She sad sniffing her nose and she hugs me tightly. Right then a red Luca walks in and joins in the hug. 

After we pulled out of the hug me and Luca decided to help Tara with packing. Before that we told Tara's mom that she's calmed down and that we can start packing. So while we helped Tara, Luca's mom and my mom and dad helped Mr. Williams with the rest of the furniture.

First we packed all her clothes then her school books and supplies. We got a small box for the toys she had. Tara insisted on taking the room decor-supplies with her too but Mrs. Williams said "We can just buy new ones from Italy." So we decided to throw them out. 6 boxes filled out all her stuff and a bag which will be filled with the rest of her stuff like towels, clothes and pajamas that she needed for the night. 

After I left her house promising to go to the airport with my parents, I realized how much I'd actually miss her.  Me, Tara and Luca spent our whole life together till now. I felt sad that she had to leave. So here I was laying in bed thinking about her. I wondered what the urgency was that the Williams had to leave. But of course it was not my business. I just couldn't help but wonder. 

As I was laying in bed surrounded by all those thoughts, I slowly drifted into sleep...

~~ ~~

So how'd you like the Chapter Two of Reunited?

Pretty emotional huh?

I know I said I'd post every Tuesday but it's so boring and I have barely anything to do at home these days. Yes I am totally not worried about school starting in a week honestly. Plus too many ideas were in my head so I had to write as soon as it got into my head.

So from now on I'll just be posting as soon as I finish a new chapter.

Please comment on how you felt through the chapter and let me know if it was a bit too emotional. 

Thank you for reading and don't forget to vote :)