•𝐒𝐢𝐱𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧•

CHAPTER 04 - SIXTEEN
Song - Hotline Bling by Billie Eilish 
~~TARA~~

I had never thought that my high school life would end so soon. Yet I am standing with my mom in the midst of my fellow schoolmates and their parents after the graduation ceremony. I feel happy. 

"Let's go take a picture, honey." exclaimed my mom, Erica Williams. I slightly nodded and went with her to wait in line. 

She has been by my side ever since my dad, Jean Williams died. I hated to think about my dad's death. My mom never ever talked about him after the death. Whenever I asked her about him she would either change the subject or be completely quiet. I guess she was shattered. My mom had changed.

It was on the night of 13th October, it was raining heavily, my mom and I were at the dinner table. We waited a while for dad to come and start dinner with him. But he didn't show up. I hadn't seen him that morning or the night before. It was normal for him to vanish without letting us now. But my mom had always told me it was because he had some business meeting. 

I was halfway through my food when mom got a call. 'It's an unknown number'  she told me. She answered putting it on speaker. 'Hello?'

'Is this Ms. Williams?' said the man on the other line. 

'Yes. Who is this?' she answered. 

'Uhm... I am Lin Grey, from your husband's company. I called to inform you that your husband has died in a car crash. He is currently at Housley Medical Hospital. I'm very sorry.' 

These very words brought my mom on her knees. Crying hardly. I ran to her and held her shoulders tightly to ease her a little bit. I couldn't believe. My eyes filled up with tears. I had lost my dad. I felt as if i got hit by a heavy rock. 

I felt devastated knowing that the dad that had always been so proud of me had gone away. He has always given me all the things I've ever wanted. He spoiled me with all the precious gifts. I was his princess. But now I can't be with him. 

My mom had calmed down a while later. We decided to go to the hospital at last. Our driver was told about the news too. But knew not to talk about looking at our faces. He drove us to the hospital but my heart kept beating as the thought of getting hit rushed through my brain. I felt uncomfortable. But soon enough we had arrived.

I went up to the counter with my mom by my side. She hadn't spoken a word through the car ride. I was able to see that there were tears falling down her as she stared out the car window. 

Then a nurse came up to us. 'Are you the Williams?' she asked. 

I nodded and she led us to the elevator to see my dad. We reached room number 302 and my mom walked in after the nurse. She gasped putting her hand over her mouth as she saw my dad. I too had the same reaction. 

His face was filled with cuts and there was a huge cut on his face right above his eye. My mom sat down on the chair next to him. One of my dad's businessmen I supposed, reached his out to me. He held three envelopes. One blank and the other two addressed to me and my mom. I ran down my fingers through the ink on the envelope that had my name on it. 

The doctors claimed that he had died to excessive amounts of blood loss. But was shocking is that they also mentioned that he got shot near his elbow. They said the possibility could be that my dad had gotten shot which mad him loose control of the steering which caused him to crash.